• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Evansville, WI Gun Show This Weekend

thatsabig44

imported post

Wanted to know if there were any members coming to the upcoming gun show in Evansville at the Red Barn this weekend. If so, I'd like to meet some of you and bounce some questions off of you.

Let me know. Thanks

oak1971

imported post

Is it OC friendly? I plan on going to Waukesha in the evening Sat, but I could swing out that way earlier.

hduc2005

imported post

Sec. 82-372. Carrying firearms.
(a)Prohibition. No person shall, within the city, carry any firearm upon his person unless such firearm is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.
(b)Exceptions. Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
(1)Any person carrying any firearm upon privately owned property with the consent of the owner or lessee, or the authorized agent of either.
(2)Licensed merchants, gunsmiths and common carriers engaged in transporting or delivering unloaded firearms as merchandise.
(3)Any government employee authorized or required by his employment or office to carry or use firearms.
(4)Any person having a valid permit issued to him by lawful authority to carry or use firearms.
(5)Any person while lawfully hunting game.
(6)Any person excepted under Wis. Stats. § 167.31(4)(a).
(Code 1986, § 9.02(3))

oak1971

imported post

Can a city ordinance supersede the state constitution?

No big deal. I'll leave it at home.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
Sec. 82-372. Carrying firearms.
(a)Prohibition. No person shall, within the city, carry any firearm upon his person unless such firearm is unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case.
(b)Exceptions. Subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to:
(1)Any person carrying any firearm upon privately owned property with the consent of the owner or lessee, or the authorized agent of either.
(2)Licensed merchants, gunsmiths and common carriers engaged in transporting or delivering unloaded firearms as merchandise.
(3)Any government employee authorized or required by his employment or office to carry or use firearms.
(4)Any person having a valid permit issued to him by lawful authority to carry or use firearms.
(5)Any person while lawfully hunting game.
(6)Any person excepted under Wis. Stats. § 167.31(4)(a).
(Code 1986, § 9.02(3))
Pursuant to state statute 66.0409(4)(b)
(b) If a political subdivision has in effect on November 17, 1995, an ordinance or resolution that regulates the sale, purchase, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permitting, registration or taxation of any firearm or part of a firearm, including ammunition and reloader components, and the ordinance or resolution is not the same as or similar to a state statute, the ordinance or resolution shall have no legal effect and the political subdivision may not enforce the ordinance or resolution on or after November 18, 1995.

82-372(a) is null, void, unenforceable. Send a letter to your city council/village whatever and ask them to remove the old 14 and 1/2 old junk from the ordinances.

Carry On.

blaze

imported post

Been alot of years since I have been there but the property did have several buildings on it and they did serve alcohol as they used to have bands there.

Did a little searching and see they still advertise as restaurant and dance hall with bands. So I would assume:cool:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is the Red Barn a restaurant? If so, what size gun show can there be in such a small space? Who is sponsoring the gun show there?

thatsabig44

imported post

So is that actually Evansville's law? If it is, I think we need to get ahold of some people and get it junked.

BTW, Red Barn actually is a half-way decent show. We're going to be at the restaurant near the Red Barn at 8am Saturday if anyone wants to meet up let me know so we can keep our eyes open.

oak1971

imported post

I just checked the map, it's bit farther out than I planned. My poor dog would be in his kennel all day.:(