• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How did you find out about OC?

How did you learn of OC?

• Google or similar search engine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friend referred.

• A news article on television.

• A news article online or in print.

• OCed before learning of OCDO/MOC,inc.

• Middle school when they first told you about RTKBA?

• Total voters

SIGfreed

imported post

I have always been of the opinion that OC was legal, but I am certain I would not have attempted it without this site. I think I first learned of oc.org at a Grand Rapids gun show.

lapeer20m

imported post

i owned a bus with a jacuzzi inside (actually, 5 different buses, each with a jacuzzi inside) and on our skoolie.net forum the question about firearms inside an RV came up. This was late last summer. I did a google search for firearm laws in michigan. That's when i stumbled on ocdo. I have been around firearms all my life, and was 30 years old before i was informed (via this site) that openly carrying a pistol is legal.

I took hunters safety about 1993, and i still remember one of the instructors informing us that if a person were to transport a pistol unloaded cased in the trunk of their vehicle they would probably be arrested because every city had it's own pistol transport laws and it would be impossible to move a pistol around the state without violating at least a dozen local ordinances. I was prob 13 years old, i that was the one thing i remembered most about that class.

Now i know that was total BS as it was after 1990 and pre-emption would apply.

So i found ocdo around august 2009. Then i bought my first pistol, got my cpl,,,then bought my 2nd pistol, and my 3rd, and 4th.....and a couple thousand rounds of ammo.

office888

imported post

I was looking at laws in Michigan for self-defense on google.

And I stumbled across opencarry.org.

Aanndd so here I am?

-Richard-

G

imported post

I was told by a LEO in around 1986 that there was no law that prohibiting open carry.

Yooper

imported post

I don't know when I learned of it, but don't ever recall not knowing OC was legal. One of those things that I've had to learn @ some point in life when I was young, just don't recall when it entered my brain.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I was researching relevant laws and procedures for getting my CPL, and ran across it by accident. It could have been OCDO but Im not exactly sure. At first I heard about legal OC, I was like :shock:really! :D.Now I dont CC, ever.

Michigander

imported post

I definitely was aware of it by middle school, which is why I selected that. I spent way, way too much of my youth studying guns.

PDinDetroit

imported post

I was looking for laws in Michigan for pistol/revolver carry on Google and I came across opencarry.org in March 2009. I had been a deer hunter for 9 years, had a few rifles, but had finally purchased a revolver for home protection in October 2008 (Ruger GP100). I decided that I wanted to carry, but had no information about how it could be done.

I OC'ed starting about 1 year ago now and have had my CPL for 7 months.

Carry On!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I always knew it was legal but you might get jacked up. I learned more and researched more on OCDO. Then We had the "first" OC meet in Brighton Michigan with Mastiff69/wife and Michigander in Brighton in December of 2007. From there I learned more and decided to organize (with a few others) MOC, Inc. in 2009. Thanks to this site and the patriotic beliefs of people here we have managed to make a difference in fighting for OC and all personal rights.

RenegadeMarine

imported post

I saw a story on the news about the whole Starbucks thing, and saw a reference to OCDO, so I checked it out. That was about a week or so ago. After doing my research for the last week, I am right now on my way out the door to go to Target Sports to buy a Blackhawk serpa cqc for my G19!

You gotta love the 2nd Amendment!!

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Crosspistols and I had been kicking this around for some time. We had discussed that there didn't seem to be anything prohibiting open carry in the laws we learned about through our separate CPL classes. Neither one of us had the nads to try it, though. One day, one of us (probably him) spotted a newpaper article on an open carry picnic in Burton??, with a reference to this site, and the rest, as they say, is history...

eta: that was the fourth "organized" picnic. June 14th, 2008. I learned of it the next day. See my join date?? :lol: