Thread: Indiana

Post imported post

I will be visiting Indiana, I live in Kentucky and have a ccdw license. can i open carry my handgun there?

Post imported post

That's the million dollar question that's been posed a million times. Theoretically, yes. To my knowledge, there have been no precedents about this.

Post imported post

@rschwalbe: Yes, however, it gets more complicated because IN has a "License to Carry a Handgun" which licenses someone to CC or OC. KY has a "Concealed Deadly Weapons License". If you are from KY and you OC in IN and an officer asks for your CDWL/CCDW and you pull it out and he says, "Ok then, cover it up, your license says explicitly CONCEALED." That's where it gets confusing.

I would definitely agree with you, however, it could get sticky with an LEO. By the way, WELCOME! Always good to have more people. We need to do an OC get together soon, so join us!

Post imported post

Don't feel too badly, I'm having the same issue with a trip to Illinois that's coming up around April 2nd. I've posted to the Illinois forum here and have gotten some interesting advice but there are still a few things that haven't been answered well enough.

Anyone from Kentucky here that has relatives that reside in Illinois?
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE