• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indiana

nick1207

imported post

I will be visiting Indiana, I live in Kentucky and have a ccdw license. can i open carry my handgun there?

langzaiguy

imported post

That's the million dollar question that's been posed a million times. Theoretically, yes. To my knowledge, there have been no precedents about this.

langzaiguy

imported post

@rschwalbe: Yes, however, it gets more complicated because IN has a "License to Carry a Handgun" which licenses someone to CC or OC. KY has a "Concealed Deadly Weapons License". If you are from KY and you OC in IN and an officer asks for your CDWL/CCDW and you pull it out and he says, "Ok then, cover it up, your license says explicitly CONCEALED." That's where it gets confusing.

I would definitely agree with you, however, it could get sticky with an LEO. By the way, WELCOME! Always good to have more people. We need to do an OC get together soon, so join us!

neuroblades

imported post

Don't feel too badly, I'm having the same issue with a trip to Illinois that's coming up around April 2nd. I've posted to the Illinois forum here and have gotten some interesting advice but there are still a few things that haven't been answered well enough.

Anyone from Kentucky here that has relatives that reside in Illinois?