• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off duty LEO leaves service pistol in bar

sevenplusone

imported post

I'll refrain from comment on the rest of the story, but for what it's worth I'm pretty sure GRPD duty side-arms are .40SW Sigs...not 9mm as the article states.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Obviously, the woman thought the gun was complimentary, provided by the establishment for any gentleman who happened to have left his at home.

She was probably a bit peeved that complimentary guns were not provided to the ladies, too. And decided to take it out on the beer cooler.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

for some Strange reason i cant figure out why this doesn't surprise me...hmmm...i wish i could leave a LOADED firearm in the bathroom of a BAR....and then get to sit at home....STILL BEING PAID...:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

xraygil1

imported post

Leaving the whole legality of the issue aside, I would like to point out what a pain in the butt it is to go to the bathroom with a holster on your belt or attached to you pants. Are shoulder holsters the answer here?:lol:

SIGfreed

imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
Leaving the whole legality of the issue aside, I would like to point out what a pain in the butt it is to go to the bathroom with a holster on your belt or attached to you pants. Are shoulder holsters the answer here?:lol:

I oc all day, every day, it doesn't take long to get used to it.

As far as the woman that found it, how high do you think the percentage is, of citizens that check to see if a gun is real (or loaded)by just pulling the trigger.

Sad, very sad.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

SIGfreed wrote:
xraygil1 wrote:

I oc all day, every day, it doesn't take long to get used to it.

As far as the woman that found it, how high do you think the percentage is, of citizens that check to see if a gun is real (or loaded)by just pulling the trigger.

Sad, very sad.

Ignorance and alcohol, can apparently lead a women to the mens restroom. Which It seems i'm the only one that finds that odd. I know MSP carries SIG, not sure on what GRPD carries. That's an interesting thing to look up.

Similar to the situation with the trigger being pulled, perhaps it was just assumed to be a 9mm by a 1am drunkard firearms expert.

MI says if your responsible for your firearms fired out of negligence, IE left loaded in your home. I wonder who's going to pay for the cooler/who would have gone to jail....Both IMO is a suitable answer for both questions.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

xraygil1 wrote:
In a sit down position, my uncle, a state trooper told me what you do is remove the handgun from the holster (because someone could grab it from the next stall) and place it in your underwear (if you wear underwear and all good troopers do!). When you are ready to stand up re-holster...if you forget, the handgun falls on the floor and reminds you that your are an idiot for forgetting it.

Tao

imported post

Venator wrote:
xraygil1 wrote:
In a sit down position, my uncle, a state trooper told me what you do is remove the handgun from the holster (because someone could grab it from the next stall) and place it in your underwear (if you wear underwear and all good troopers do!). When you are ready to stand up re-holster...if you forget, the handgun falls on the floor and reminds you that your are an idiot for forgetting it.
Yep, this is what I've always done. Just put the gun in the crotch of your pants while they're around your ankles. Impossible to forget it that way, and readily accessible in case the toilet paper thief barges in.

Bailenforcer

imported post

after 32 years of carry I can't remember ever leaving a weapon anywhere. But I don't drink and so I can only guess if he was drinking there might in lie the problem....

Drinming while in possesion of a weapon isn't the smartest act a cop can do.

On that Mlive site somone commented that cops don't get drunk and shoot people? BULL$HIT! Detroit city of Has had numerous domestics involving cops who killed wivesor shot others Since Mayor Colejoke A. Young was the dick tater in cheif. Many of those shootings involved alcohol.
I love how idiots defend with not a shred of common sense.

I know some cops who will have a beer and they do it at home gun put away and not touched.