Thread: Gunsmith in or around Lakewood/Tacoma

Post imported post

I want to have a new front sight block installed on my AK-74. Ordinarily I'd just take it to my Uncle butsince I won't be visiting him for a few months I'd like to get it done sooner than later. Anybody know of someone that has a press that can handle this relatively simple job?

Post imported post

Don't know if they still have a gunsmith onsite but you might try Welcher's. They are at 64th and South Tacoma Way. I have a rifle that they sporterized way back in 1946. If they don't sitll havea 'smith, they may know one that can help.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Nosrac wrote:
    I want to have a new front sight block installed on my AK-74. Ordinarily I'd just take it to my Uncle butsince I won't be visiting him for a few months I'd like to get it done sooner than later. Anybody know of someone that has a press that can handle this relatively simple job
    I'm in Port Orchard, if that's not too far for you. $40 Shoot me a PM if you're up to it.

Post imported post

I called Welchers and they pointed me to the Marksman.

Sirpuma,that isreasonable andPO isn't too far. I bought my truck at Hazelwood. I pm you when I get time to come out.

Thanks for the replies.

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar

Post imported post

4040 s tyler in tacoma.

not sure of his name. it's right next to mary's pistols.

he does good work
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Post imported post

WinchesterModel12 wrote:
    4040 s tyler in tacoma.

not sure of his name. it's right next to mary's pistols.

he does good work
    I had them botch a slide polish job once, and still charge me full-price. I ended up "fixing" it myself. I should havedone the workin the first place. I'm not saying they don't do good work on a normal basis, as I've heard good things from other people, but this was my first and will be my only experience there.

+1 for Sirpuma, he just handled a transfer out for me, and was a pleasure to deal with. VERY reasonable prices too.

Post imported post

Nosrac wrote:
    I want to have a new front sight block installed on my AK-74. Ordinarily I'd just take it to my Uncle butsince I won't be visiting him for a few months I'd like to get it done sooner than later. Anybody know of someone that has a press that can handle this relatively simple job?
    Here are some more suggestions in below discussion.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/23456.html
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.