• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunsmith in or around Lakewood/Tacoma

Nosrac

imported post

I want to have a new front sight block installed on my AK-74. Ordinarily I'd just take it to my Uncle butsince I won't be visiting him for a few months I'd like to get it done sooner than later. Anybody know of someone that has a press that can handle this relatively simple job?

amlevin

imported post

Don't know if they still have a gunsmith onsite but you might try Welcher's. They are at 64th and South Tacoma Way. I have a rifle that they sporterized way back in 1946. If they don't sitll havea 'smith, they may know one that can help.

sirpuma

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
I want to have a new front sight block installed on my AK-74. Ordinarily I'd just take it to my Uncle butsince I won't be visiting him for a few months I'd like to get it done sooner than later. Anybody know of someone that has a press that can handle this relatively simple job
I'm in Port Orchard, if that's not too far for you. $40 Shoot me a PM if you're up to it.

Nosrac

imported post

I called Welchers and they pointed me to the Marksman.

Sirpuma,that isreasonable andPO isn't too far. I bought my truck at Hazelwood. I pm you when I get time to come out.

Thanks for the replies. :)

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

WinchesterModel12 wrote:
4040 s tyler in tacoma.

not sure of his name. it's right next to mary's pistols.

he does good work

I had them botch a slide polish job once, and still charge me full-price. I ended up "fixing" it myself. I should havedone the workin the first place. I'm not saying they don't do good work on a normal basis, as I've heard good things from other people, but this was my first and will be my only experience there.

+1 for Sirpuma, he just handled a transfer out for me, and was a pleasure to deal with. VERY reasonable prices too.

jbone

imported post

Nosrac wrote:
I want to have a new front sight block installed on my AK-74. Ordinarily I'd just take it to my Uncle butsince I won't be visiting him for a few months I'd like to get it done sooner than later. Anybody know of someone that has a press that can handle this relatively simple job?
Here are some more suggestions in below discussion.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/23456.html