• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Portage/Kalamzoo Gander Mountain OC seminar

autosurgeon

imported post

Myself Bronson and EM87 will be giving the presentation. I plan to have a manned table out in the store as well. I have several others that have expressed interest in manning that. My brother is one of these.

Bronson

imported post

A friend of mine who supports OC but doesn't participate (and is planning on attending) asked whytheseminarwas three hours long.

He said "can't it be summed up as: yes it's legal, yes the cops might mess with you. Now carry on and be on your way." He was of course just razzing me a little as friends tend to do.

Bronson

autosurgeon

imported post

It may not be 3 hours if things go like the other 2 :lol:

We may have to divide it into 2 sessions.

And while it would be nice to do what your friend mentioned it would not allow us to mention the ways that the screwy laws allow one to be jammed up. And what to do to keep that from happening.

DanM

imported post

Bronson wrote:
A friend of mine who supports OC but doesn't participate (and is planning on attending) asked whytheseminarwas three hours long.

The seminars in Utica and Noviconsisted of the presentation, OC'ers talking about their experience with OC, and open discussion. The presentation takes about 45 minutes, then the rest goes until whenever it dies out. Experience has shown that there is a lot of questioning and discussion, particularly after the presentation, so it goes pretty long. A three hour block of time is reserved, but may not be all used. Folks are free to leave at any time.

That would be my answer to someone asking whythe seminar is about three hours long.

Bronson

imported post

DanM wrote:
The seminars in Utica and Noviconsisted of the presentation, OC'ers talking about their experience with OC, and open discussion. The presentation takes about 45 minutes, then the rest goes until whenever it dies out. Experience has shown that there is a lot of questioning and discussion, particularly after the presentation, so it goes pretty long. A three hour block of time is reserved, but may not be all used. Folks are free to leave at any time.

That would be my answer to someone asking whythe seminar is about three hours long.

That's pretty close to what I told himto expect.

Bronson

office888

imported post

I'll try to be out.

I've got breakfast with a few radio operators in the morning, but I'll try to make it by noon.

Hopefully see ya' guys there!

-Richard-