• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April 20th is Starbucks Appreciation Day

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.supportstarbucks.com/

starbucksappreciation.jpg

deanf

imported post

Can't we just leave them alone? They've asked not to be involved in the debate.

When we keep stroking them and having events and such that keeps them involved in the debate. They've requested we not do that.

Let's drop it and move on. Starbucks reaction should be treated as the normal, expected reaction of any business, not an anomaly to be celebrated. To do otherwise hurts the cause of normalizing OC and gun possession in general.

Go after the businesses that ban guns as doing something abnormal.

(what's that browser your're using, by the way?)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am not saying to hound them, I get coffee once or twice a week at Starbucks. I guess that this is a national effort, wouldn't it be nice to see a certain sales boost on a certain day attributed to a whole bunch of gun owners? And, nothing bad happened.

(IE 8)

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Yea seriously, people need to leave starbucks alone. They didn't say they like or welcome firearms in their business. They said they simply follow stay law which just so happens to work out in our favor. They are trying to stay unaffiliated but if people keep pushing them they might end up picking a side. Just leave them alone.

As stated by deanf; celebrating thier decision as something out of the ordinary does not help us at all and specifically makes us the minority, here's an example:

Segment 1, bad
"Oh, you're allowed to carry a gun in starbucks??"
"Oh yea, starbucks decided that it was alright and they support us!"

Segment 2, good
"Oh, you're allowed to carry a gun in starbucks??"
"duh? Why wouldn't you be allowed to?"

Machoduck

imported post

I can't see any harm in simply getting coffee and drinking it at Starbucks while armed. After all, customers are the life blood of any business. The key to being a properly respectful customer is to refrain from telling them how they must run their business. I'm not referring here to suggestions, I'm referring to the demands of the anti 2A crowd.

If I'm reading things correctly, Starbucks is aware of who simply buys coffee while armed and who caterwauls about how SB should run their business. If I'm correct about this difference, we should exploit it by keeping as low a profile as possible while still enjoying their coffee. The fact that we respect private property rights as we do, should be made clear, in a subtle way, to SB. If they spent some time perusing our forum, seeing the amount of effort we put into the conflict of rights occurring with refusal of service because a customer is armed, they might better understand where we stand. I can't believe that any of us would be against their perusal of our forum.

MD

DEROS72

imported post

I don't think we should be thanking Starbucks for anything.Especially the right to carry.They do not or did notgrantus rights.They have repeatedly stated they do not want to be brought into the middle of this issue.They never stated they support us.They are simply as they have said following state law.

We should not be making an issue of it or make it a big deal like the antis. Nor should we even claim they support OC or any other form of carry.They never said they did.Many of us have been armed at Starbucks long before this came up.I will continue to buy Starbucks coffee but never make any mention of 2a or my side arm or anything unless someone asks.

Personally I won't go thank Starbucks employees for support of 2a as it isn't nessesary and we should be as low key as we usually are and unlike the Brady bunch not try to push any of them to our position, which would appear as if we are trying to mandate how they run their company.So in short I don't think a thank Starbucks day is at all warranted.Just carry on as usual.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I don't think we should be thanking Starbucks for anything.Especially the right to carry.They do not or did notgrantus rights.They have repeatedly stated they do not want to be brought into the middle of this issue.They never stated they support us.They are simply as they have said following state law.

We should not be making an issue of it or make it a big deal like the antis. Nor should we even claim they support OC or any other form of carry.They never said they did.Many of us have been armed at Starbucks long before this came up.I will continue to buy Starbucks coffee but never make any mention of 2a or my side arm or anything unless someone asks.

Personally I won't go thank Starbucks employees for support of 2a as it isn't nessesary and we should be as low key as we usually are and unlike the Brady bunch not try to push any of them to our position, which would appear as if we are trying to mandate how they run their company.So in short I don't think a thank Starbucks day is at all warranted.Just carry on as usual.

Here would be my suggestion for the 20th of April.

Go about your daily business (it is a Tuesday) but do make an effort to stop by a Starbucks, alone or a small (2-3) group and OC. Buy a BIG coffee, maybe more than you normally would. Sit inside for a few minutes and savor your coffee and 2A rights. Hold the door open for someone. Smile.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:

Here would be my suggestion for the 20th of April.

Go about your daily business (it is a Tuesday) but do make an effort to stop by a Starbucks, alone or a small (2-3) group and OC. Buy a BIG coffee, maybe more than you normally would. Sit inside for a few minutes and savor your coffee and 2A rights. Hold the door open for someone. Smile.
Isn't that what you are suppose to do anyday? (except for big coffee part)

jarhead1911A

imported post

Anyone checked Starbucks stocks lately? since this whole gun issue has been going on they have jumped i think from last count was 19-23 bucks a share they should be giving up coffee.........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Because you old men just love coffee and starbux so much,

http://www.starbucks.com/thebigpicture

Join the movement. On April 15th, bring a reusable travel mug into your local Starbucks and get a free brewed coffee.

Don't forget to bring your reusable guns!

Excellent!

On the way to Olympia everyone needs to have a travel mug and stop in and get your free coffee!!!!!