• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trying to get a broad base of opinions

jimd_21

imported post

ok were in that link does it answer either of my questions? not to be rude but i have been all over the laws and have not found in my opinion an answer. And posting a link and not giving an opinion?.....I might be a newbie but come on now.....

eye95

imported post

jimd_21 wrote:
ok were in that link does it answer either of my questions? not to be rude but i have been all over the laws and have not found in my opinion an answer. And posting a link and not giving an opinion?.....I might be a newbie but come on now.....
Click on your state on the map. It will bring up a pamphlet that summarizes your state laws pretty well.

jimd_21

imported post

again no my state pamplet does not..... i have a laminated copy of it......still no opinions......after all the posts on all the forums i have read and all i get is check your state pamplet, or a link.... which neither answers either of my questions or give a honest viable opionion.

eye95

imported post

jimd_21 wrote:
again no my state pamplet does not..... i have a laminated copy of it......still no opinions......after all the posts on all the forums i have read and all i get is check your state pamplet, or a link.... which neither answers either of my questions or give a honest viable opionion.
The answer to your "must notify" question should be in the upper right corner of the first page of your pamphlet.

jimd_21

imported post

yea i have all the links to the pamphlet....also have a laminated copy......were in that pamphlet does it answer my questions.....

Sorry but not looking for links to laws and papers that i have reviewed many times....

eye95

imported post

Please, just click the link. Then click the picture of your state. Then look at the upper right corner of page one.

Please.

jimd_21

imported post

Ok Thank you i see it their....but shouldnt their be a notification in the statutes about that.....

Sorry for being so persistent but i dont believe everything i see on the web.

First Question answered. How about the second?

And to eye95 my apologies. Thank you for being persistent and cordial.

eye95

imported post

Glad I could help. Apart from clicking the links to your state code in the pamphlet, I can't help you further. I'm from Alabama and haven't studied your state at all. Maybe someone from your state can help you further.

BTW, I went through what your going through now when I joined. I got a lot of snark and was accused of being a troll. I won't do that to anyone else looking for help. It wasn't pleasant at all.

jimd_21

imported post

Thank you and i appreciate that.....been to that link before a few times but never looked at the top went straight for the law part....as for the second question....i personally think it is legal but i am not sure......never have been pulled over in that situation but would like to know before hand....when i get both my CWP's i will not worry about it but till then it concerns me....

A shout out to the newbies....prove your not a "troll" and be persistent...eventually someone who was their will help...

Again thank you eye95.

CarryOpen

imported post

You can't find a notification statute because we typically don't legislate legal activities. I don't know about open carry in the car, each state has different interperetations on that. I would suggest digging more in your state forum for old posts on the subject.

buster81

imported post

"Also another question.....I am waiting on my Idaho and Utah CWP's. I have been OC'ing for a while now, when i get into my vehicle i remove the mag and unload the chamber and reholster my gun on my hip, and put the clip on the dash.....Is it legal to have it unloaded in my holster on my hip?"

I am not a lawyer, and I did not sleep ina Holiday Inn last night, but I would interpret the clip below from the same link as the other,to mean that it is legal to carry a gun, without a permit, loaded or unloaded as long as it is in plain sight. I cannot tell you what the police think in plain sight is.