Thread: criminals carry concealed in Madison

Post imported post

Incident report for Case#2010-63185 Released 03/10/2010 at 4:43 AM by Sgt. David Compton Incident Type Weapons Violation Incident Date 03/09/2010 - 9:48 PM Address 6700 W Beltline Hwy Arrested Michael George:
    Felon in possession of a firearm
    Carrying a concealed weapon
    probation hold
    Obstructing/resisting Details Officer made a traffic stop on the Beltline Hwy. While speaking with the driver outside of the vehicle, the officer noticed the person favoring his side. When the officer asked him what he had under his coat the driver fled on foot. The driver was caught a short time later. Officers located a handgun lying on the ground next to the fence where the suspect had gone over.

Post imported post

What a shocking revelation, stop the presses!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Post imported post

He was carrying correctly in polite society. He had the element of surprise.

My question is, did this young man have the firearm in a case? Was it unloaded in the car? Is that legal in Wis?:shock:

I forget all those laws or for...?

Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Yeah, "outside of the vehicle"? Our junior cop just published a lecture in the local paper on how to behave during a traffic stop that included such as, "stay in the car", "don't move around" and "turn on the dome light."

The department has not yet responded to my request for a citation of their statutory authority for such demands. I noted that they will probably greet me curbside at the front of my locked and secured vehicle.

A traffic stop, per se, is not RAS for a search beyond the person.

Post imported post

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

This MUST be a joke. You expect me to believe that criminals dont obey the law? GUFAW!

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
    Officers located a handgun lying on the ground next to the fence where the suspect had gone over.
    And this is why they don't often use holsters. Ditch the gun and hopefully the cop doesn't find it. If they had an empty holster, the cops might search a little harder for the ditched gun.