Thread: Another new guy

Post imported post

Hey everyone, I have been reading this forum for about a month now. Although I am soon to be 50 I find myself in a position that I should carry. I was advised by the local police in account to my open stance against local meth cookers and their gang affiliation. For the majority of the time if not all of the time I will be carrying canceled. It was recommended that I get my CPL so I did, it came in about 2 ½ to 3 weeks. Not to bad I was expecting 30 days. This board has a lot of good information for both open and concealed carry. I just read there are meetings like the one on Saturday at 348th street and Pac Highway in Federal Way. Some one said that there is another the same day what time and where is that going to be. Depending on the days and or times I may be able to come out for support. As a short note I am not new to carrying guns or having to use them I homesteaded in Alaska for 16 years and also done 4 years active in the Army. Way back then I was attached to a Pershing Unit in West Germany for 3 years. Any way are there any people that are out this way? Does any one get together in the Olympia area at all?

Then one final question to the people that carry when they go to a court or other places that police are at. Does that make you nervous carrying in that sort of situation?

RB

Post imported post

I have no problems carrying around police. I open carry in Lakewood, and see officers from time to time. We just exchange a smile and a nod. Courthouses are required to provide lockboxes or provide someone who can store your carry piece while you're going about your business in the courtroom. I went to Lakewood Municipal Court for a traffic ticket. Walked up and said "I have a carry piece I need stored, how do I go about doing that?" They just had me take the holster off with the gun in it and place it in the bin, which they put it in a locked room. Got it on the way back out. No unloading or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

Welcome, jcsftwre! Glad to have you with us.

MD

edit for putting my finger where I shouldn't have done.

Post imported post

I have OC twice in the last few months in the presence of the Spokane County Sheriff and am not nervous at all about it. Nor have I been nervous about going to the court house or being in the presence of other LEOs when OCing. Just know the laws and obey them. Be carefull out there watch your 6 with the dopers and gang bangers.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

welcome to the boards!
    saturday morning in federal way called the 2nd saturday meet
    saturday after noon in centralia called the western washington meet
    sunday afternoon in bremerton called the 14th march lunch meet

you got more to worry about the gangs and tweakers than the cops!
    carry always, extra mags, and id make a point of meeting all your local cops,
    so they know your position and situation regarding busting out the BGs!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Welcome...
    You'll find me out in Yelm & McKenna from time to time.

Post imported post

Welcome aboard. Agree, lots of good info on this site. No, LEO dont make me nervous, i try to carry myself in good character so the encounters so far have been very civil. And re: courts, i always ask them to lock up my firearm, most are very helpful and I have not encountered a problem. My only negative OC encounter ended with an interested and friendly LEO, a good handshake, and about my merry way.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

What the new people dont see is the good/netural encounters with LEOs because we dont talk about that part very much. I have been OCing for about a year and a half and have not had any LEO do more than just look. Just remember for every bad experiance you read about here there are thousands of non issue contacts with LE.

BTW welcome to the boards.

Post imported post

Welcome! I see that you have good taste for a ride. I have a 92 FXSTC. Now for theother stuff; the only people you need to worry about is Gunnr, 1246A defender, Trigger Dr.,Orphan, G2, Batt, 911 Boss, Bookman, Deros72, and Squeak! Some names are misspelled to protect the innocent. Some names are not listed due to memory loss! We WILL see you at Starbucks this Sat. SwatSpider will buy your coffee!
    :celebrate

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
    welcome to the boards!*
    saturday morning in federal way*** called the 2nd saturday meet
    saturday after noon in centralia*** called the western washington meet
    sunday afternoon in bremerton** called the 14th march lunch meet

you got more to worry about the gangs and tweakers than the cops!
    carry always,* extra mags,* and id make a point of meeting all your local cops,
    so they know your position and situation regarding busting out the BGs!

Thank you (and everyone) for the information and meeting days/times. About the dopers "3 Doors down" I have been working with the local police I was dragged into their world when the 10 year old boy that lives in the house pointed an AR-15 at me as I sat at this computer. The night before the boy his father and uncle broke into 4 houses at the end of my street and stole guns and other things from the military families. They knew the men are over fighting.
    Squeak are you driving from why over there?

edit to fix spelling (get use to that with me)

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    Welcome! I see that you have good taste for a ride. I have a 92 FXSTC. Now for theother stuff; the only people you need to worry about is Gunnr, 1246A defender, Trigger Dr.,Orphan, G2, Batt, 911 Boss, Bookman, Deros72, and Squeak! Some names are misspelled to protect the innocent. Some names are not listed due to memory loss! We WILL see you at Starbucks this Sat. SwatSpider will buy your coffee!
    Mines a 2001FXDWG so there! Swatty never bought me coffee.

Post imported post

Orphan wrote:
    Squeak wrote:
    Mines a 2001FXDWG so there! Swatty never bought me coffee.
    Well, me either. I just wanted to shame him into doing it. But then, again maybe he has no shame! Eh, Swatty? All the big dogs buy coffee for Squeak! You do want to run with the big dogs, don't you?

Post imported post

Finally someone else in Yelm. Oh, and first post. Long time lurker, but during my time downrange, the stupid filter keeps me from logging in.

Post imported post

1911_CQB
    Now change your town ID to reflect Yelm. I do understand it's sort of embarrassing but what can a man do?

Post imported post

Ha!. Yeah I needed to do that. Havent lived in Oly in 2 years.

Post imported post

Orphan wrote:
    I have OC twice in the last few months in the presence of the Spokane County Sheriff and am not nervous at all about it. Nor have I been nervous about going to the court house or being in the presence of other LEOs when OCing. Just know the laws and obey them. Be carefull out there watch your 6 with the dopers and gang bangers.
    Every officer in Spokane County should know that OC is legal; a training bulletin was issued by Sheriff Knezovich last October.

Post imported post

SayWhat wrote:
    Orphan wrote:
    Every officer in Spokane County should know that OC is legal; a training bulletin was issued by Sheriff Knezovich last October.
    Sheriff Knezovich and the Spokane County Sheriffs office is the least of our concerns on the East side. Sheriff Ozzie has my full support even ifI dolive in Stevens County.

Post imported post

I just called him Ozzie!:celebrate