Thread: Register Guard story on Open Carry

Post imported post

I don't see where they made any real effort to contact Oregon residents who open carry..

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms...gon-owners.csp

Post imported post

Yeah, but a pretty good article... I Emailed the author and advised him of a couple of mistakes (YES you can carry in schools with a CHL, and Springfield DOES have a prohibition against loaded carry in parks (without a CHL).

I also advised him I know of ONE guy in Junction City who open carries ALL the time... maybe he'll be looking you up, Rev. Jim!

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

hehe.. I e-mailed Burdick and CC'd a copy to the author of the article.. he has my e-mail addy if he wants to chat..

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

As you see, I spoke with Greg Bolt extensively on this issue. The "No Show in the State" thing was purely the editors and not his choice. He also realized the error of the schools thing because of the Medford teacher case. I believe he is supposed to submit a correction.

Post imported post

I really enjoyed the article and in itself wasn't badly written, just had the discrepancies that were pointed out. My hackles raised a bit at the comments made by the good State Sen. Burdick and I sent off an e-mail to her office letting her know about opposing positions on the subject and asking for clarification just in case there might have been some misunderstanding.. (not likely)..

Your input was terrific Gray!

Post imported post

Gray Peterson wrote:
    As you see, I spoke with Greg Bolt extensively on this issue. The "No Show in the State" thing was purely the editors and not his choice. He also realized the error of the schools thing because of the Medford teacher case. I believe he is supposed to submit a correction.
    Nick job Gray, good article all in all.
    Live Free or Die!