• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I made the sherrif's report today...

Metalhead47

imported post

My wife happened to find this in the South Whidbey paper today.

sherrifsreport1.jpg

Does this make me a fugitive?:celebrate At least the ICSO seems to have their act together, as I was wandering around in there for a good 20 or 30 minutes, and even had to go back to the store once I discovered I left a flat of soda on the shopping cart
doah.gif
, and never saw hide nor hair of them (and given what I was driving at the time I'd be pretty easy to find). But then again, around here they call 911 when the mailman goes around closing mailboxes. You can see all the attention those turkeys got.
histerical.gif

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Congrats! It is more funny that someone who can't remember which park and ride they parked their car at mad the Sheriff's Report!

Metalhead47 wrote:
My wife happened to find this in the South Whidbey paper today.

sherrifsreport1.jpg

Does this make me a fugitive?:celebrate At least the ICSO seems to have their act together, as I was wandering around in there for a good 20 or 30 minutes, and even had to go back to the store once I discovered I left a flat of soda on the shopping cart
doah.gif
, and never saw hide nor hair of them (and given what I was driving at the time I'd be pretty easy to find). But then again, around here they call 911 when the mailman goes around closing mailboxes. You can see all the attention those turkeys got.
histerical.gif

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would say this, at least they got the brief correct by saying "in a holster." I think 911Boss would be proud. That is probably why you had no contact with the LEOs. Which is the way it should be. Maybe you should request a freedom of information request and get the 911 tape.

Metalhead47

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
I would say this, at least they got the brief correct by saying "in a holster." I think 911Boss would be proud. That is probably why you had no contact with the LEOs. Which is the way it should be. Maybe you should request a freedom of information request and get the 911 tape.
Y'know I might just do that.... er, how, exactly? :shock:

Metalhead47

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
The thought of those folks taking driftwood from the beach... appalling !
LOL I guess you can burn it all you want on the beach but don't dare take any way. It's not like there's so much you trip over it. Oh, wait, you do. :banghead:

Lammo

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Y'know I might just do that.... er, how, exactly? :shock:
Most departments have a records department or division and they will likely have a standard request form. I know ours does over here on the dry side.

Wait . . . checking . . . sure enough, it's on their web site: http://www.islandcounty.net/sheriff/RecordsRequest.htm

Superlite27

imported post

Maybe you should request a freedom of information request and get the 911 tape.

Someone should do this for the Turkeys on Cultus Bay Road. Were they arrested for impeding traffic, or was the lady in a sweatshirt and blue jeans arrested for assault?

Would this be classified as a domestic dispute?

Folks in this area obviously have plenty of time on their hands if they take the time to call 911 on folks picking up driftwood.

amlevin

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
If you saw how people around here drive, let alone park, that wouldn't surprise you :uhoh:.

Does the State still issue Driver's Licenses that restrict people to drive ONLY on Whidbey Island? I know that they used to, so that they wouln't get out on the Interstate and drive 20 MPH on their way to Seattle.

Metalhead47

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:
If you saw how people around here drive, let alone park, that wouldn't surprise you :uhoh:.

Does the State still issue Driver's Licenses that restrict people to drive ONLY on Whidbey Island? I know that they used to, so that they wouln't get out on the Interstate and drive 20 MPH on their way to Seattle.
Y'know, that might explain why every time I get stuck behind some slowpoke (segaway: who designs a major highway with only three short passing zones in 11 miles?!?), they always turn before the ferry terminal :banghead:.

Busybodys? I don't think so. Too much time on their hands? Probably. There seems to be a peculiarly distilled form of liberalism around here. Not the loud, abrasive, Seattle-type of liberalism. More like folks around here are trying to be liberal, but not very hard, and they're so disconnected with reality living in this idyllic rural setting that the best they can do is call 911 over wild turkeys & driftwood thieves instead of causing any real harm (the dispatchers & deputies probably don't mind, investigating the mailman closing mailboxes is probably the most exciting event most days). It's like watching my ginea pigs. They do all sorts of strange, silly things, and make funny noises, all of which they are completely oblivious to.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

Metalhead47

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
hahahahahaha A woman chasing turkeys??? It was March 3rd, maybe her food stamps hadnt showed up yet.
LOL that does kinda make sense... Between the turkeys, deer infestation, bunnies, ducks, & geese this place is pretty well stocked for the "catch yer own food" crowd :lol:

amzbrady

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
hahahahahaha A woman chasing turkeys??? It was March 3rd, maybe her food stamps hadnt showed up yet.
LOL that does kinda make sense... Between the turkeys, deer infestation, bunnies, ducks, & geese this place is pretty well stocked for the "catch yer own food" crowd :lol:
Is there a RoadKill Cafe there? Daily special of Opossum Stew.