• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns and Ammo Warehouse Deals

Do you want to hear about deals at Guns and Ammo Warehouse?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• I like pie

• Total voters

conhntr

imported post

guns and ammo wharehouse i will vote yes if you tell me you have a sig p238 in stock (blue version) under 500$... and you will see me tomorrow morning!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

We got a bunch of consignments of the military surplus variety this week if anyone is interested. Pardon my imperfect memory of the prices but even the ones I can't remember were good. Have a great weekend!
They are:
2 East German Makarovs $325
2 Romanian Tokarevs $200
1 Polish Tokarev $225
2 PM-64s
1 CZ-52 $200 (a nice 1954, rollers looked good, decocker functioning properly)
1 .38 S&W Webley w/ 2 boxes of Winchester Super X 148gr. RNL
1 Type 14 Nambu
1 Yugo 24/47 Mauser $175
2 Yugo 59/66 SKS
1 Nambu rifle
1 7.35 Carcano

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

conhntr wrote:
guns and ammo wharehouse i will vote yes if you tell me you have a sig p238 in stock (blue version) under 500$... and you will see me tomorrow morning!
I can't do it, we just sold out this week of our stock of stainless blackwood w/ NS P238. Excellent little guns though.

conhntr

imported post

can you pm me with your price on those you sold, and if you remember a pm when you get some more in? looking for one as a wedding present-- i have a few months but dont want to wait too long and get stuck

conhntr

imported post

manassas; and swing by the battlefield (national park) on your way home and oc there.

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry, I had to vote NO... even though I would like to vote Yes.

While I would love to hear about anyone's deals, what I don't want to see happen is this forum become an advertising conduit. Once it's okay for one or two to do it, where will it stop? I don't want to have to filter through 10's - 100's of daily posts about retail/private sales offers.

Would OCDO get a percentage of the sales from this type of posting? If so, then I'll vote YES. If not, the site sponsors are being cheated since they PAY for their advertising.

Although posts about selling firearms in Virginia isn't explicitly verboten, it's not the intent of this forum. Forums like VAGunTrader.com appear better suited to provide this service to Virginians.

Just my $0.02

W.E.G.

imported post

I cast the one "maybe" vote.

This deal is a screaming-good deal that doesn't come along but once in a blue moon.

I'm 100% in favor of that.

I DON'T want to hear about 15% off MSRP prices on guns that start with prices already in the stratosphere.

The present case REALLY IS a deal.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NO! I do not want to hear about any more G & A deals! It is exquisite torture to hear about all these great deals and have no money to buy! :p

Seriously, I think great deals can be distinguished from everyday advertising by the fact that the OP, our well-regarded Longwatch, is actually doing some forum members a real service. Yes, there is a business benefit to G & A. But, the offered dealsseem so good as to be an even greater benefit to the prospective buyers on the forum.

I would probably be a little annoyed if I saw everyday gun prices on everyday inventory. Ortwice a week a mention ofthe sale price on one or another regular inventory gun. But, the occasional mention of a consignment shipment at great prices I could tolerate.

This leavesunsolved the issue ofbeing fair to otherarea gun stores who mayget wind of this and want to start advertising. I guess we could always say Longwatchhas special status being a founding member of the OC movement.

But, how would it work if G & A had its own website, andLongwatch periodically posted an alert: "Check the G & A website!" ? Or maybe even developed an e-maillistof interested people? Or, created a "watchlist" of people looking for certain types of guns?

You know, if he carried this a ways, Longwatch could turn into the most successful gun salesman in NoVA.

conhntr

imported post

what condition are those sw model 10s in? what barrel length and grips are on them?

any pics?

AbNo

imported post

I already suggested....

AbNo wrote:
Maybe we could have a Deals/Ads/Spam subforum?
:)
But I also agree with....

This leaves unsolved the issue of being fair to other area gun stores who may get wind of this and want to start advertising. I guess we could always say Longwatch has special status being a founding member of the OC movement.

nova

imported post

conhntr wrote:
what condition are those sw model 10s in? what barrel length and grips are on them?

any pics?
4" barrel

original uncle mike's grips they came from the factory with.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

W.E.G. wrote:
I cast the one "maybe" vote.

This deal is a screaming-good deal that doesn't come along but once in a blue moon.

I'm 100% in favor of that.

I DON'T want to hear about 15% off MSRP prices on guns that start with prices already in the stratosphere.

The present case REALLY IS a deal.
I don't understand why you don't want to hear deals from a regular member here WEG.
There's no need to be fair to OTHER dealers, they aren't members.

Sure it takes up a little OT bandwidth but this hasn't really been an OC board for a long time. It's more a selective OT topic board.

This seems as useful a topic as most and a lot more so than how do I beat a speeding ticket or hey OC'ers, we're offering a Utah class so you can OC with a CHP or if a dog's attacking my dog can I shoot him.

At least with Longwatch's post you get the chance to buy a gun at a good price so you can OC or CC.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

At first blush this looks like a good idea.

But when you look at where it leads, I have to agree with those that take the view that if you allow one person to advertise then you have to let anyone advertise. The fact that Longwatch is a member is not really the guiding issue. Anyone can become a member.

Now I would agree with the concept if a new forum topic was created at the top of the forum for DEALER advertising. Perhaps a deal for some Advertising fees could be worked out to support the rest of the forum.

That said, I think it would cause the forum a lot of problems if private sales advertising were allowed.

However, I do like pie.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

But when you look at where it leads, I have to agree with those that take the view that if you allow one person to advertise then you have to let anyone advertise. The fact that Longwatch is a member is not really the guiding issue. Anyone can become a member.

Now I would agree with the concept if a new forum topic was created at the top of the forum for DEALER advertising. Perhaps a deal for some Advertising fees could be worked out to support the rest of the forum.

That said, I think it would cause the forum a lot of problems if private sales advertising were allowed.

However, I do like pie.
I'd agree with you Hawkflyer, but the Hog's already in the corn patch.

We have this and as a sticky at that
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/39134.html

It's not OC realated at all AND...

I don't see any of Proshooter's ads up in the sticky section

We had one fellow a while back that posted a gun for sale and he even advertised it as for LEO;s or CHP's only.

At least Longwatch is a member with a longstanding record and doesn't want to use the board for ad use only.

AbNo

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:

But when you look at where it leads, I have to agree with those that take the view that if you allow one person to advertise then you have to let anyone advertise.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to private property.

Seriously though, I do think a spammage section could be great.