Thread: travelling through NY

Post imported post

Hi all, is it OK if I lock my handgun in my trunk and drive through MA or NY going to my house in VT from where I live in CT? I have my Concealed carry permit in CT. Thx.

Post imported post

Yep, but you might get arrested & have to prove it in court.

Post imported post

Talk about a super, big risk.

Those northern states tend to forget they are apart of the US of A.

Proceed at your own risk, with caution.

Having a license plate IMHO from a state like NC is like asking to be pulled over for whatever BS reason in that state (I got pulled once in the friggin' Catskill mountains by some slick trooper -- had the nerve to ask me what brought me to the Empire State and what business did I have there).
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Post imported post

Custodian wrote:
    Talk about a super, big risk.

Those northern states tend to forget they are apart of the US of A.

Proceed at your own risk, with caution.

Having a license plate IMHO from a state like NC is like asking to be pulled over for whatever BS reason in that state (I got pulled once in the friggin' Catskill mountains by some slick trooper -- had the nerve to ask me what brought me to the Empire State and what business did I have there).
    Which northern states are you talking about? VT has all the states beat, NH & ME are about as good as it gets outside of VT.

I know a guy got pulled over & locked up in SC for a week just because he was a suspicious looking yankee. The north east has no monopoly on arrogant LEO.

Post imported post

I live in St Lawrence co. NY, it seems like the law can do anything they want,if what you did wasnt against the law they will think of something else. One of the first things they like to take away from people here is there pistol pemit,hold it for awhile then let you buy it back. Need alot more states like vermont and alaska.