• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

travelling through NY

maxglock

imported post

Hi all, is it OK if I lock my handgun in my trunk and drive through MA or NY going to my house in VT from where I live in CT? I have my Concealed carry permit in CT. Thx.

Custodian

imported post

Talk about a super, big risk.

Those northern states tend to forget they are apart of the US of A.

Proceed at your own risk, with caution.

Having a license plate IMHO from a state like NC is like asking to be pulled over for whatever BS reason in that state (I got pulled once in the friggin' Catskill mountains by some slick trooper -- had the nerve to ask me what brought me to the Empire State and what business did I have there).

Leverdude

imported post

Custodian wrote:
Talk about a super, big risk.

Those northern states tend to forget they are apart of the US of A.

Proceed at your own risk, with caution.

Having a license plate IMHO from a state like NC is like asking to be pulled over for whatever BS reason in that state (I got pulled once in the friggin' Catskill mountains by some slick trooper -- had the nerve to ask me what brought me to the Empire State and what business did I have there).

Which northern states are you talking about? VT has all the states beat, NH & ME are about as good as it gets outside of VT.

I know a guy got pulled over & locked up in SC for a week just because he was a suspicious looking yankee. The north east has no monopoly on arrogant LEO.;)

Danny-L

imported post

I live in St Lawrence co. NY, it seems like the law can do anything they want,if what you did wasnt against the law they will think of something else. One of the first things they like to take away from people here is there pistol pemit,hold it for awhile then let you buy it back. Need alot more states like vermont and alaska.