Thread: HR 45 Petition

Post imported post

I tried using the search function, but it kept returning an SQL query error.

Here's a petition I think most of us here would be willing to sign: http://www.petitiononline.com/NoHR45/petition.html
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

I checked this out on Snopes. According to them this is only partly true. HR45 is the Blair Holt Bill and has been before Congress (opposite of PROgress) for some time. There is virtually NO chance that this will come up for a vote.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Will this never die? It was introduced at every cogress since Bobby Rush has been in office and hasreceived not 1 co-sponsor. Good to keep an eye on it though.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Some things just never seem to die. Keep an eye on it yes, obsess over it no.

rodbender wrote:
    Will this never die? It was introduced at every cogress since Bobby Rush has been in office and hasreceived not 1 co-sponsor. Good to keep an eye on it though.

Banned

Post imported post

signed

Post imported post

Washington politicians pay absolutely no attention to petitions and online petitions in particular. Why waste the tme?
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    Washington politicians pay absolutely no attention to petitions and online petitions in particular. Why waste the tme?
    Not quite true. I know a former Lieberman staff-member who says they're pushed up the chain to at least the Chief of Staff for a Senator. True, the Chief may or may not share this with the Senator, but often does. What he/she does from that point is obviously variable and highly political.
    I would think that in the house, the level of activity might be amplified, especially in pro-to-semi-pro-gun district.

And yeah, HR 45 is a waste of your time. When it gets a co-sponsor or two, we'll all write letters and go protest.
    Have a good rest of the weekend.

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    rodbender wrote:
    Not quite true. I know a former Lieberman staff-member who says they're pushed up the chain to at least the Chief of Staff for a Senator. True, the Chief may or may not share this with the Senator, but often does. What he/she does from that point is obviously variable and highly political.
    I would think that in the house, the level of activity might be amplified, especially in pro-to-semi-pro-gun district.

And yeah, HR 45 is a waste of your time. When it gets a co-sponsor or two, we'll all write letters and go protest.
    Have a good rest of the weekend.
    WOW, 1 out of 535. Not a bad average I'd say. Lieberman of all people.

And BTW, I didn't say that HR45 was a waste of time. The online petition is.

Gee, didn't I say to keep an eye on HR45? I could have sworn that I did. But then I can't read what I, myself wrote.
    Will Rogers