• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HR 45 Petition

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I checked this out on Snopes. According to them this is only partly true. HR45 is the Blair Holt Bill and has been before Congress (opposite of PROgress) for some time. There is virtually NO chance that this will come up for a vote.

rodbender

imported post

Will this never die? It was introduced at every cogress since Bobby Rush has been in office and hasreceived not 1 co-sponsor. Good to keep an eye on it though.

CrossFire

imported post

Some things just never seem to die. Keep an eye on it yes, obsess over it no.

rodbender wrote:
Will this never die? It was introduced at every cogress since Bobby Rush has been in office and hasreceived not 1 co-sponsor. Good to keep an eye on it though.

ufcfanvt

imported post

rodbender wrote:
Washington politicians pay absolutely no attention to petitions and online petitions in particular. Why waste the tme?

Not quite true. I know a former Lieberman staff-member who says they're pushed up the chain to at least the Chief of Staff for a Senator. True, the Chief may or may not share this with the Senator, but often does. What he/she does from that point is obviously variable and highly political.
I would think that in the house, the level of activity might be amplified, especially in pro-to-semi-pro-gun district.

And yeah, HR 45 is a waste of your time. When it gets a co-sponsor or two, we'll all write letters and go protest.
Have a good rest of the weekend.

rodbender

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
rodbender wrote:
Washington politicians pay absolutely no attention to petitions and online petitions in particular. Why waste the tme?

Not quite true. I know a former Lieberman staff-member who says they're pushed up the chain to at least the Chief of Staff for a Senator. True, the Chief may or may not share this with the Senator, but often does. What he/she does from that point is obviously variable and highly political.
I would think that in the house, the level of activity might be amplified, especially in pro-to-semi-pro-gun district.

And yeah, HR 45 is a waste of your time. When it gets a co-sponsor or two, we'll all write letters and go protest.
Have a good rest of the weekend.

WOW, 1 out of 535. Not a bad average I'd say. Lieberman of all people.

And BTW, I didn't say that HR45 was a waste of time. The online petition is.

Gee, didn't I say to keep an eye on HR45? I could have sworn that I did. But then I can't read what I, myself wrote.