• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks patches...

heresolong

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Stretch wrote:
That is on the want... no NEED list.
Want...no, Need to go away list.

This does not help us in any way, shape, or form.
+1

This will not help us at all. Starbucks has specifically asked to be left out of the debate. Now people start wearing their logo with the word guns on it, they may just decide to jump into the debate and it won't be on our side. People need to get a clue before they even think about cranking out stuff like this.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EPIC FAIL!:banghead:

Guys, Starbucks requested that they not be placed at the center of this. This is the type of thing that may piss them off enough to reconsider their policy.

-10000 on this one.

Norman

imported post

I want one! I don't think that I would ever wear one for the same reasons stated above. Starbucks wants to be neutral. I would rather have the Brady bunch be the annoying whiners in this, not the pro-gun groups. I still may stop by on the 20th to thank them though.

MrGray

imported post

Starbucks have said "We follow the local law. Please leave us out of this argument."

Do you really think ripping off their logo, violating their trademark, and placing them IN the argument is going to win friends? Does it sound like something that would qualify as 'leave us out of it'?

You really can't lambast the Brady goons for trying to put Starbucks on a hot plate, and then go and do the same thing yourself. Well, you can, but it makes you look stupid.

Beyond that, it's hopeless to think that Starbucks are on the pro-gun side. Starbucks is on the 'make money' side, and I for one applaud them for that. But the instant you start ripping off their logo, violating their trademark, and so on, they're going to be on the 'you pissed us off' side.

And I would really, really like to be able to go into Starbucks and buy a drink and not have to disarm to do it.

So lay off, eh? Stop, right now. Just stop it.

Norman

imported post

Some of you really go viral in a hurry

Guys, Starbucks requested that they not be placed at the center of this. This is the type of thing that may piss them off enough to reconsider their policy.

This provided a good point, and explained it really well.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Guns and Coffee Patch: http://www.optactical.com/guandcopa35i.html

Some of you folks are over the top on this.....
I have been at the last 2 guns shows in Puyallup and had a print out of the "Guns and Coffee" logo. Hundreds of people asked if there were stickers made of that logo and where could they get it. I am in the process of getting vinyl stickers made up to give away at the gun shows.

The company making these patches are donating 50% of the cost to a very worthwhile cause (http://www.specialops.org/). You don't like it fine, for those that do, buy them and enjoy. Starbucks stated their position on the matter but every time the word "STARBUCKS" is spoken or rolls across the screen or is seen in print, the Exec's are smiling...... Millions of dollars of publicity and not a cent spent.

I am in no way affiliated with this company but I had to say my piece.

Stretch

imported post

I don't see how it helps or hurts us. I didn't see too many detractors to the photos of a coffee meet where the same logo was posted on a sign, in a STARBUCKS nonetheless. Same "infringement" of copy right, but only on a paper instead of a patch.

Starbucks may or may not change their policy at any time they so choose. I would think that if they're going to change a policy, they would've done it over the fact that real weapons were in their stores, not a goofy patch.

Still need to get one, make a helluva thing to own.

+1 for the creativeness.

amzbrady

imported post

ak56 wrote:
EPIC FAIL!:banghead:

-10000 on this one.

+1 I agree...

Besides it dont have no cleavage or bush. Although I never did understand Starbucks original logo. A mermaid with split fins pulled behind her head. I always figured she was ready to recieve. Makes me wanna see the rest. Hmmm.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

I really wish they used the image I edited.
That bullet just looks wrong and the mermaid looks even more mad then originally.

Anybody is more then welcome to use my version, I wont be upset just proud. Just remember its not my image to begin with its just my version of it.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Starbucks have requested to be left out of the politics of this, and their position is to acknowledge the right to carry in the States that allow it and in the mode of carry they allow.

Yet it is strongly in our favor and we still have those that want more for some reason as to shove it down the anti's throat sort of speak.

Starbucks is in the business of selling coffee that have customers on both sides of the issue.

This image is going against what Starbucks have requested, to be left out of the politics and I will not partake in displaying the image.