Thread: Simulated training

Post imported post

Has anyone seen this? Looks like a good time to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

http://www.threatdynamics.com/

Post imported post

We have a room like that at the Police Academy at Gateway here. Only one screen on the one wall, but looks like the same program. It gets the blood pumping.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Shooting simulators are reasonably common and a great demonstration of the dilemmas faced by officers. When you get a know-it-all citizen complainant then cajole him into the trainer and discuss his less that perfect performance.

It points out too eager officers too. When in the incident should the officer touch his holstered gun? When should he draw? Who is leading the escalation of force?

For me, the citizen activist non-LEO, it was easy. I used it as an opportunity to practice my CCW draw after I had decided to fire. I was also in a position to game the machine and my evaluations did not affect my employment.

Banned

Post imported post

The same training I had experienced at the police academy.
    It is actually pretty good stuff.

Post imported post

NWTC here in Green Bay has a real state of the art sim shooter facility.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

^^^Can we play with it? LOL

Post imported post

boostintalon96 wrote:
    ^^^Can we play with it? LOL
    You would have to ask them really nice & even then I bet they say NO.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Hopefully, the new range proposed in Sturtevant will have one.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    NWTC here in Green Bay has a real state of the art sim shooter facility.
    Well I'm sure we could all use the facility if we all enrolled in the Criminal Justice program lol. Cuz after all, everybody that carries a gun wants to be a cop right?
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

I've used a similar system in the Army, full range of small arms, and using compressed air to cycle the "guns" and simulate recoil.

Beats the hell out of any outdoor range at McCoy in February in my experience.

Post imported post

While we're on the subject, does anybody remember that oldlate 90's Arcade game "Police Trainer"? I used to play that way back, and was a real bada$$ to boot. I think it came out the same time as RevolutionX and Area 51. Anybody else recall?
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

YA! I remember that game!

Post imported post

Yea, I'm not sure that Police Trainer could be classified as a "Simulator" but it sure was a blast to play. Altho I wonder how realistic it really was?:?
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Banned

Post imported post

Optimus Prime wrote:
    I've used a similar system in the Army, full range of small arms, and using compressed air to cycle the "guns" and simulate recoil.

Beats the hell out of any outdoor range at McCoy in February in my experience.
    I've that system dozens of times. Last time, I shot the 240 so well, I even impressed the system operator. I had 44 kills.

Post imported post

m240 nice.....

Banned

Post imported post

yeah nice, until you've carried it around all day, 29 lbs of weapon gets heavy fast.

Post imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
    yeah nice, until you've carried it around all day, 29 lbs of weapon gets heavy fast.
    Never bothered me... but us Engineers rarely travel without at least trucks, and my last unit was fully tracked.

I've got pics from the last time I used the system somewhere... I'll have to dig around the archives when I get home and see what I can find.