Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apr 3 COS OC Breakfast and Range Time!

Post imported post

I've open carried at IHOP next to Chapel Hills Mall at all hours of the day and night and they're perfectly happy with that.

What I was thinking, however, is to open carry at the Knob Hill IHOP near the Citadel Mall, as a show of support since they were recently robbed. I OC'd there last Friday without issue, and will do so again before the event just to be sure. As an added benefit, it's closer to Dragonman's, a straight shot out there, in fact, where I thought we'd adjourn for some range time afterwards!

Cost at Dragonman's is$10 for the first person, and $8 for each additional person. Targets are $1 each. If space is available, I'd like to work the close handgun area.

All members of this opencarry.org are welcome to attend, regardless of city or even state!

Time: 8:00 am at IHOP, and we'll be out at the range, hopefully, by 9:30 when it opens.

IHOP

512 N. Chelton Rd.

Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Dragonman's: http://www.dragonmans.com/range/index.htm
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

I think I can make that.

Won't go to Dragon Man's, though. I go to another range where I don't have to pay per use.

Edit: I'll be there. I'm planning on it.

Post imported post

I will also like to come. I will let you know for sure the week before! Sounds like it will be a great time.

Post imported post

Sounds like fun. I haven't been to IHOP in forever since my girlfriend hates it.

Post imported post

No promises (my brother's tournament team is in full swing during the summer), but I will definitely see how it looks the week before. Let us know how the situation at that location is beforehand, assuming someone else doesn't get there to test the waters first...

Post imported post

Saturday work has been picking up steadily...and I could use the hours so I'll not know likely until the Friday before whether or not I can make this one.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

No promises but I'll do my best to be there. It will be my first open carry experience.

Post imported post

I'll try to make it to this one.

”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Post imported post

PikesPeakMtnMan wrote:
    Saturday work has been picking up steadily...and I could use the hours so I'll not know likely until the Friday before whether or not I can make this one.
    Same here.

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    PikesPeakMtnMan wrote:
    Same here.
    I work the midnight shift but will try to make it. This would be the first gathering I have attended and I have open carried for years. Still trying to put together a larger and more organized outdoor "rally". No details yet. Would love to do some form of "tea party style" event other restaurant gatherings.

Post imported post

Apparently there is absolutely no reason to Rally or Tea Party anything. We have it made in Colorado. Except Denver. If one is to "rally" at all. Maybe one could stand on the Lakewood side of Sheridan and one could stand on the Denver side of Sheridan. The Lakewood Guy is Open Carry and sign says "<insert>" and Denver Guy has no pistol and sign says "<insert>". The two signs would Contrast greatly and draw attention to the fact that Denver regulations are unnecessarily restrictive. Similar to the Gun Free Zone 1000ft Rule.. "So 1001ft is okay to have the gun but 1000ft is not?" That's the argument. I wonder if we would have Jeffco support.

Post imported post

Still up for breakfast, even with the snow. Let's not bail.
    (edit - duh; thought this was tomorrow for some reason)

HOWEVER, and I'll just throw this out there, what do you guys think about meeting at Village Inn just north of the Citadel on Academy instead? If we've got 8 or so people coming, that particular I-Hop is pretty small and could be a little crowded. (Besides--I-hop sucks...)

Post imported post

ooghost1oo wrote:
    Still up for breakfast, even with the snow. Let's not bail.

HOWEVER, and I'll just throw this out there, what do you guys think about meeting at Village Inn just north of the Citadel on Academy instead? If we've got 8 or so people coming, that particular I-Hop is pretty small and could be a little crowded. (Besides--I-hop sucks...)
    Aww hey don't rag on I-hop it's not that bad!

Post imported post

The other reason for choosing IHOP is that it was robbed last month. We're supporting IHOP.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Three days and a wakeup...

- Mugs

Post imported post

Is this still on for the 3rd of April?
    I am planning on being there is this is the case.

Post imported post

I should be able to at least make it for breakfast but I'm not sure about the range yet.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

Is this open to everyone? I'm a long time lurker and figured I'd get out and meet some locals. The wife says I'm too anti-social so I figured this would be right up my alley. Get some food in me and go shoot the new 1911. I will show up as long as there is at least one other member from this board going. Is anyone really set on going? IHOP? Time? I'll be in a tan Jeep Wrangler. If I bring an AK-47 and a Romak-3 would anyone be interested in shooting them? Just want to know how much ammo to bring.

Post imported post

flip311 wrote:
    Is this open to everyone? I'm a long time lurker and figured I'd get out and meet some locals. The wife says I'm too anti-social so I figured this would be right up my alley. Get some food in me and go shoot the new 1911. I will show up as long as there is at least one other member from this board going. Is anyone really set on going? IHOP? Time? I'll be in a tan Jeep Wrangler. If I bring an AK-47 and a Romak-3 would anyone be interested in shooting them? Just want to know how much ammo to bring.
    *blinks* Well, I originally got on tonight to say I wouldn't be able to make it because my back injury is acting up... However, I've never even handled and AK (want to buy one though). So, if I can stand I'm definitely going to make it. Also, if you want help with the ammo I'll see what I can dig up or I'd be happy to give you some cash, it ain't cheap and I'm not one that likes feeling as though I've put someone out. Also, welcome to forum flip! Glad to have you.

Post imported post

flip311 wrote:
    Welcome Flip to OC.org! I also am new here and look forward to meeting you and others on the forum. As far as I can tell there is going to be at least 5 of us there. Looks to be a good time.:celebrate I won't be able to make it to the shooting range after breakfast but it sure would be fun to fire a few rounds off on your AK-47, Too bad, So sad!

Post imported post

Well, it's good that you are at least going to the breakfast. I have never been to that particular IHOP but I have heard it is small. I might drive something besides the Jeep in order to keep everything secure in the vehicle while we eat. I wonder if we called the day before if we could get a booth reserved for 7:30 - until done. I guess I could get off my rear and do that tomorrow or Friday morning. This way we head off any objections to us being there and fight the crowd at the same time.

On a side note...
    Anyone live down south? Widefield/Security area? I'm right next to Big Johnson Reservoir.

Post imported post

flip311 wrote:
    I'll be at breakfast.

Too bad I won't be going to the range. I haven't shot a Romak III in a long time. (LOVE that gun...)

Post imported post

Hi, all - just to reassure you that we'll indeed be there - we'll indeed be there!

This the second COS OC meet I've organized, and nearly all who signed up for the first one showed. What'd we have altogether? Seven?

Saturday will start out cold, but will have rocketed past freezing by the time we arrive at the range, and will continue climbing to a high of around 50 by around 1 pm.

Sunny and clear! (until well into the evening)

An AK? Sure! AR-15 - I'm up for that, too. Since you're ammo's a lot more expensive than mine, I'll give you 3:1 - you can shoot three rounds of my ammo for each I shoot of yours.

As for reserving a table/booth/room, since I'm organizing, I'll take care of it.

See you there!

- since9

Post imported post

fwi, I know someone mentioned a booth (big corner booth), but seven grown guys with pistols on their belts might be better off with a couple of tables pushed together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast