• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apr 3 COS OC Breakfast and Range Time!

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've open carried at IHOP next to Chapel Hills Mall at all hours of the day and night and they're perfectly happy with that.

What I was thinking, however, is to open carry at the Knob Hill IHOP near the Citadel Mall, as a show of support since they were recently robbed. I OC'd there last Friday without issue, and will do so again before the event just to be sure. As an added benefit, it's closer to Dragonman's, a straight shot out there, in fact, where I thought we'd adjourn for some range time afterwards!

Cost at Dragonman's is$10 for the first person, and $8 for each additional person. Targets are $1 each. If space is available, I'd like to work the close handgun area.

All members of this opencarry.org are welcome to attend, regardless of city or even state!

Time: 8:00 am at IHOP, and we'll be out at the range, hopefully, by 9:30 when it opens.

IHOP

512 N. Chelton Rd.

Colorado Springs, CO 80909

Dragonman's: http://www.dragonmans.com/range/index.htm

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Sounds like fun. I haven't been to IHOP in forever since my girlfriend hates it.

ZackL

imported post

No promises (my brother's tournament team is in full swing during the summer), but I will definitely see how it looks the week before. Let us know how the situation at that location is beforehand, assuming someone else doesn't get there to test the waters first...

OCinColorado

imported post

FogRider wrote:
PikesPeakMtnMan wrote:
Saturday work has been picking up steadily...and I could use the hours so I'll not know likely until the Friday before whether or not I can make this one.
Same here.
I work the midnight shift but will try to make it. This would be the first gathering I have attended and I have open carried for years. Still trying to put together a larger and more organized outdoor "rally". No details yet. Would love to do some form of "tea party style" event other restaurant gatherings.

cscitney87

imported post

Apparently there is absolutely no reason to Rally or Tea Party anything. We have it made in Colorado. Except Denver. If one is to "rally" at all. Maybe one could stand on the Lakewood side of Sheridan and one could stand on the Denver side of Sheridan. The Lakewood Guy is Open Carry and sign says "<insert>" and Denver Guy has no pistol and sign says "<insert>". The two signs would Contrast greatly and draw attention to the fact that Denver regulations are unnecessarily restrictive. Similar to the Gun Free Zone 1000ft Rule.. "So 1001ft is okay to have the gun but 1000ft is not?" That's the argument. I wonder if we would have Jeffco support.

ooghost1oo

imported post

Still up for breakfast, even with the snow. Let's not bail.
(edit - duh; thought this was tomorrow for some reason)

HOWEVER, and I'll just throw this out there, what do you guys think about meeting at Village Inn just north of the Citadel on Academy instead? If we've got 8 or so people coming, that particular I-Hop is pretty small and could be a little crowded. (Besides--I-hop sucks...) ;)

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ooghost1oo wrote:
Still up for breakfast, even with the snow. Let's not bail.

HOWEVER, and I'll just throw this out there, what do you guys think about meeting at Village Inn just north of the Citadel on Academy instead? If we've got 8 or so people coming, that particular I-Hop is pretty small and could be a little crowded. (Besides--I-hop sucks...) ;)
Aww hey don't rag on I-hop it's not that bad!

flip311

imported post

Is this open to everyone? I'm a long time lurker and figured I'd get out and meet some locals. The wife says I'm too anti-social so I figured this would be right up my alley. Get some food in me and go shoot the new 1911. I will show up as long as there is at least one other member from this board going. Is anyone really set on going? IHOP? Time? I'll be in a tan Jeep Wrangler. If I bring an AK-47 and a Romak-3 would anyone be interested in shooting them? Just want to know how much ammo to bring.

ZackL

imported post

flip311 wrote:
Is this open to everyone? I'm a long time lurker and figured I'd get out and meet some locals. The wife says I'm too anti-social so I figured this would be right up my alley. Get some food in me and go shoot the new 1911. I will show up as long as there is at least one other member from this board going. Is anyone really set on going? IHOP? Time? I'll be in a tan Jeep Wrangler. If I bring an AK-47 and a Romak-3 would anyone be interested in shooting them? Just want to know how much ammo to bring.
*blinks* Well, I originally got on tonight to say I wouldn't be able to make it because my back injury is acting up... However, I've never even handled and AK (want to buy one though). So, if I can stand I'm definitely going to make it. Also, if you want help with the ammo I'll see what I can dig up or I'd be happy to give you some cash, it ain't cheap and I'm not one that likes feeling as though I've put someone out. Also, welcome to forum flip! Glad to have you.