• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apr 3 COS OC Breakfast and Range Time!

OCinColorado

imported post

flip311 wrote:
Is this open to everyone? I'm a long time lurker and figured I'd get out and meet some locals. The wife says I'm too anti-social so I figured this would be right up my alley. Get some food in me and go shoot the new 1911. I will show up as long as there is at least one other member from this board going. Is anyone really set on going? IHOP? Time? I'll be in a tan Jeep Wrangler. If I bring an AK-47 and a Romak-3 would anyone be interested in shooting them? Just want to know how much ammo to bring.
Welcome Flip to OC.org!:D I also am new here and look forward to meeting you and others on the forum. As far as I can tell there is going to be at least 5 of us there. Looks to be a good time.:celebrate I won't be able to make it to the shooting range after breakfast but it sure would be fun to fire a few rounds off on your AK-47, Too bad, So sad!:(

flip311

imported post

Well, it's good that you are at least going to the breakfast. I have never been to that particular IHOP but I have heard it is small. I might drive something besides the Jeep in order to keep everything secure in the vehicle while we eat. I wonder if we called the day before if we could get a booth reserved for 7:30 - until done. I guess I could get off my rear and do that tomorrow or Friday morning. This way we head off any objections to us being there and fight the crowd at the same time.

On a side note...
Anyone live down south? Widefield/Security area? I'm right next to Big Johnson Reservoir.

ooghost1oo

imported post

flip311 wrote:
Is this open to everyone? I'm a long time lurker and figured I'd get out and meet some locals. The wife says I'm too anti-social so I figured this would be right up my alley. Get some food in me and go shoot the new 1911. I will show up as long as there is at least one other member from this board going. Is anyone really set on going? IHOP? Time? I'll be in a tan Jeep Wrangler. If I bring an AK-47 and a Romak-3 would anyone be interested in shooting them? Just want to know how much ammo to bring.

I'll be at breakfast.

Too bad I won't be going to the range. I haven't shot a Romak III in a long time. (LOVE that gun...)

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi, all - just to reassure you that we'll indeed be there - we'll indeed be there!

This the second COS OC meet I've organized, and nearly all who signed up for the first one showed. What'd we have altogether? Seven?

Saturday will start out cold, but will have rocketed past freezing by the time we arrive at the range, and will continue climbing to a high of around 50 by around 1 pm.

Sunny and clear! (until well into the evening)

An AK? Sure! AR-15 - I'm up for that, too. Since you're ammo's a lot more expensive than mine, I'll give you 3:1 - you can shoot three rounds of my ammo for each I shoot of yours. :)

As for reserving a table/booth/room, since I'm organizing, I'll take care of it.

See you there!

- since9

flip311

imported post

since9 wrote:
Hi, all - just to reassure you that we'll indeed be there - we'll indeed be there!

This the second COS OC meet I've organized, and nearly all who signed up for the first one showed. What'd we have altogether? Seven?

An AK? Sure! AR-15 - I'm up for that, too. Since you're ammo's a lot more expensive than mine, I'll give you 3:1 - you can shoot three rounds of my ammo for each I shoot of yours. :)

As for reserving a table/booth/room, since I'm organizing, I'll take care of it.

See you there!

- since9
Sorry about that, since9. I wasn't trying to run away with your planned event . I just hate not knowing what is going on and hate when I show up somewhere and there is not enough room for everyone. I am new here and don't know what to expect with organization so I just wanted to make sure we all had room to sit and eat.

Ammo really isn't an issue for me since I offered. I just didn't want to lug 1k of rounds per firearm I toss in the car unless some are going to shoot. My main goal is to break in the new 1911 so I'll spend the majority of the time with that.

See you tomorrow gentlemen.

OCinColorado

imported post

FogRider wrote:
Well, it looks like I can come, so I'll be there. Got a time and an address?
Time: 8:00 am at IHOP, and we'll be out at the range, hopefully, by 9:30 when it opens.

IHOP

512 N. Chelton Rd.

Colorado Springs, CO 80909

There looks to be at least seven going to this one and looks also be be a good time for all. There will definitely be more going to IHOP than continuing on to the range but still will be fun.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

flip311 wrote:
I wasn't trying to run away with your planned event.
No worries, good thinking on your part, and someone else mentioned pushing tables together instead of a separate room...

I called IHOP today, informed them of the nature of our group and our breakfast plans, and they confirmed they'd love to have our business, and recommended they'd simply reserve three tables and push 'em together, so...

...we're set!

See you in the morning. :)

ZackL

imported post

That sucks FogRider, hopefully we'll be able to throw together a barbecue sometime soon and you'll be able to make it to that one.

Outside of my disappointment of not being able to meet FogRider (and everyone else that won't be able to attend), I'm really excited about this. The last meet that I went to was in Castle Rock where it was just Ian and I. This one sounds like it's shaping up to a much better get together. See you all in ten and a half hours or so.

flip311

imported post

ZackL wrote:
That sucks FogRider, hopefully we'll be able to throw together a barbecue sometime soon and you'll be able to make it to that one.

What if I told you I just placed an order for $2500 worth of cow? I think a barbecue could/should happen next month.

ooghost1oo

imported post

Good breakfast. Nice meeting you all.

FWI, on the way home, I stopped for gas and went into my bank (1st Bank) with no reaction.

A BBQ next month would be swell. Hopefully on a Sunday so we can do it in the afternoon.

ZackL

imported post

Hey guys, thanks for the great meet 'n' shoot. The range was great and thanks a bunch for letting me shoot all the awesome guns that you guys brought. Hopefully, at the next range day, I'll be able to return the favor with something just as fun to throw lead down range with.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone and being able to put some faces to all the font on the forums. Next month, going along with the ideas of some of the things that were thrown out there today, we should definitely do a barbecue, but also, a trash pickup; maybe in a bad part of town? I dunno, just an idea to start new thread.

Anyway, thank you all again, I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

BTW: As most people know by now, my brother and I are very close. Unfortunately, he's only 16, how would you all feel if he came to some of the meets and maybe the next shoot?

OCinColorado

imported post

ZackL wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for the great meet 'n' shoot. The range was great and thanks a bunch for letting me shoot all the awesome guns that you guys brought. Hopefully, at the next range day, I'll be able to return the favor with something just as fun to throw lead down range with.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone and being able to put some faces to all the font on the forums. Next month, going along with the ideas of some of the things that were thrown out there today, we should definitely do a barbecue, but also, a trash pickup; maybe in a bad part of town? I dunno, just an idea to start new thread.

Anyway, thank you all again, I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

BTW: As most people know by now, my brother and I are very close. Unfortunately, he's only 16, how would you all feel if he came to some of the meets and maybe the next shoot?
I also enjoyed breakfast with everyone and am glad to have been able to meet and put faces to many of you. I also wish to thank you all for the warm welcome to my wife, she was pleasantly surprised and happy with meeting all of you. A BBQ would be fun but later in the day would be good. Saturdays would work best for me and my wife. Zakl, I personally have no problem with having your 16 year old brother along. It is my opinion that one is never too young to learn good weapons handling and manners in public.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I second OCinColorado's comments concerning younger folks. Obviously, they cannot legally carry, and can only shoot at the range under the immediate supervision of a parent or legal guardian, but learning firearms safety is important! Learning how to shoot properly is a part of firearms safety.

I think most of you know this, but my username, since9, simply refers to my age the first time my father and uncle took me to the range and taught me how to load and shoot a .22 rifle. When my son was visiting this December, he was nine, and I spent three days teaching him firearms safety (not all day of each day, of course). On Monday I had him study a two-page firearms safety manual I'd written for his comprehension level. After a Q&A period, he took the test, and passed the min passing 90% mark. On Tuesday, it was hands-on, dry (snap-caps)covering basic procedures on loading, using,unloading, andmalfunctions. On Wednesday we went to the range and he had a ball! I think we spent a max of one hour each on Mon and Tue.

As his comments about the breakfast....

...I second those, too! :)

I like the idea for a "rally" of sorts, and posted my comments in the appropriate thread, here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/40321.html

I'll carry on conversation about it over there, as the subject of this thread has since passed.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Good meet guys, had fun. I'm looking forward to an OC BBQ.