Thread: Cant decide

Post imported post

So Ive got a Ruger P94 .40. I really like the gun but I was wanting to get a Springfield Armory 1911. The only problem is the 1911 nearly twice as expensive as my Ruger was. Im having a difficult time getting the wife to sign off on it. Anyone know any good stats or reasons that could help me because I'm at a loss as what to tell her.

Post imported post

Is there some way you can borrow/rent a 1911 pistol to try it out? (I'm assuming you have little "trigger time" with this design, based on your other recent thread.)

I've tried just about everything out there handgun-wise, and just don't shoot anything else as well as a single-action semiauto such as the 1911 or Browning Hi Power. Almost as well with a Glock or XD on a good day, but not quite.

In truth, for self defense purposes those newer guns are more than sufficient if the shooter does his part though, to be fair. But there's a reason (the trigger! ) that 1911s have been at the top of the pile for so long in many different shooting competitions.

Whether that matters enough to you to spend the money ain't my call, of course.

Post imported post

Yeah Ive never fired a 1911. I have afriend who has one. Maybe I should hit the range and fire with him.

Post imported post

A 1911 will last forever if properly cared for, look at it as an investment rather than a purchase unlike most of todays defense type pistols of plastic and alloys that will wear out and eventually need replacing. If you buy a quality 1911 you get a lifetime warranty and you will be able to had it down to your kids, and them to theirs, besides the fact that they plain old shoot like a dream

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Matty wrote:
    I'm at a loss as what to tell her.
    Tell her it'll be .05 bigger..... LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist.....
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

Matty wrote:
    So Ive got a Ruger P94 .40. I really like the gun but I was wanting to get a Springfield Armory 1911. The only problem is the 1911 nearly twice as expensive as my Ruger was. Im having a difficult time getting the wife to sign off on it. Anyone know any good stats or reasons that could help me because I'm at a loss as what to tell her.
    Are there more guns or purses in your house?
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    Matty wrote:
    LMAO!!!!

+1

Shoes???

Post imported post

You could tell her that the weapon is well worth the money as it is very reliable,and that your lives may one day depend on it,and more importantly your lives are worth the extra money for a what I believe to be a top of the line investment as far as protection goes.

Post imported post

The 1911 has better resale value.

Note that this won't work as an argument if your wife is smart and logical. She will respond with something to the tune of, "but you never sell ANY of your guns anyways..."

However, if you've sold a gun, it works!

Post imported post

Yep,and I just dont sell my guns,Idid sella 410 when I was thirteen years old,and have regreted that since Im fourty one now,and back a few years ago I feltsorry for a nieghbor andgave him a 12 ga.,he was shooting chicken hawks with an old gun that had enough headspace to where it would nearly singe his eyebrows when he shot the old thing,I told him to hang that one on the wall.

Post imported post

Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Abraxxas wrote:
    catass wrote:
    Matty wrote:
    LMAO!!!!
    Seriously, though. If she truly loves you, she'll be pissed at you for it, for a while. But eventually, she'll get over it.

Although, the Ruger's not that bad of a pistol. It's a lot better than some of the ones I've seen recommended on oc.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

Leave my HiPoint alone.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.