• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This states sub forum is a mess

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
SNIP
The stickied "events" thread was far too cumbersome to wade through. It just did not seem effective.
At the time we didn't have any other options for the Events Thread. I admit there was way too much info in that thread, but like I previously mentioned, we didn't have other options. I would have liked to have had a stickied thread for posting upcoming events, one for previous events, one for OC Friendly Places and one for Corporate Policies, but we were not allowed to have that many stickied threads. So what to do? The sub-forum I was proposing wouldbe specifically for members to start an upcoming event thread and at that time I would transfer the event info to the MOC, Calendar of Events.
I just tried to open the MOC calendar and was redirected to a log in page.
Did you try the Pase Events link? Both are working for me but I'm logged in at the time for updating--don't know if that makes a difference. PM Viperar15 for questions/concerns pertaining to the MOC site.

Just-in-case you can not get in the Past Events, the White Lake SAM Meeting was March 4th and it was posted here by Brian.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

1- Im VERY curious as to why MOC hasn't made a forum yet?...As stated before it would be fast, easy, and cheap...if not free ( i can see the perverted jokes running through here from that already)...

2- This place is confusing as all hell!...since i joined OCDO things have gotten too complicated to follow...i cant even find MY thread...i checked 4 pages!!!....notta...this is ridiculous and i cant keep up with it...i find myself constantly leaving simply because i cant find any of the threads ive shown an interest in

3- Even if making a forum cost something, im sure it wouldnt be much, hell even id donate something to fix this mess!

just my .02c...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
1- Im VERY curious as to why MOC hasn't made a forum yet?...As stated before it would be fast, easy, and cheap...if not free ( i can see the perverted jokes running through here from that already)...

2- This place is confusing as all hell!...since i joined OCDO things have gotten too complicated to follow...i cant even find MY thread...i checked 4 pages!!!....notta...this is ridiculous and i cant keep up with it...i find myself constantly leaving simply because i cant find any of the threads ive shown an interest in

3- Even if making a forum cost something, im sure it wouldnt be much, hell even id donate something to fix this mess!

just my .02c...

It takes time, please be patient. MOC was founded less than one year ago and most of the officers/members work full-time, have families, etc, and are spread-out in Michigan.

You can "Watch Topic" a thread that is of interest to you. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, it's at the lower left.

cscitney87

imported post

Seems like you guys just aren't using the Forum correctly. It happens to the best of us. Start by using the "Recent" option to sort sections of the forum. For example, under Michigan, you can select "Recent" and "Popular" as ways to sort out the bull crap from the important information. If you need to check on your own threads, simply use the "My Account" option to view those. I leave for a few days and come back and there totally is a lot to read through. I can identify the main problem: the lack of effort to Search. Use the "Search" function on the Michigan forum to figure out whether or not a thread has already been created for the topic at hand. There are way to many "Can I OC here.." threads and generally they all contain the same information. Search.. search.. and search again. A big problem on this board is all the "newbies" that come on and immediately start a new thread about a topic that has been previously discussed, in detail.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Michigander wrote:
But could we maybe at least get 2 or 3 sub forums for Michigan within OCDO?
This would be a fantastic idea. Just two or three main subjects would clear up a lot.
Thumbs up!

G

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Seems like you guys just aren't using the Forum correctly. It happens to the best of us. Start by using the "Recent" option to sort sections of the forum. For example, under Michigan, you can select "Recent" and "Popular" as ways to sort out the bull crap from the important information. If you need to check on your own threads, simply use the "My Account" option to view those. I leave for a few days and come back and there totally is a lot to read through. I can identify the main problem: the lack of effort to Search. Use the "Search" function on the Michigan forum to figure out whether or not a thread has already been created for the topic at hand. There are way to many "Can I OC here.." threads and generally they all contain the same information. Search.. search.. and search again. A big problem on this board is all the "newbies" that come on and immediately start a new thread about a topic that has been previously discussed, in detail.
Your post was so insightful and informative. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the research necessary to use the forum correctly.

And just to help you out, in return for your insightful posting, if you simply use the "MY Account" option you can enter your location.

G

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
Michigander wrote:
But could we maybe at least get 2 or 3 sub forums for Michigan within OCDO?
This would be a fantastic idea. Just two or three main subjects would clear up a lot.
Thumbs up!
Here's the best idea yet:

T Vance wrote:
Many other states have there own forum website.

cscitney87

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Your post was so insightful and informative. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the research necessary to use the forum correctly.

And just to help you out, in return for your insightful posting, if you simply use the "MY Account" option you can enter your location.
Anytime. ;) And thanks for the tip: I just added my location.

scot623

imported post

I agree. Sub sections like MGO wouldn't hurt. If we can't get them here, a logical move would be to run our own forums. We are big boys and girls, we can move out of the house(OCDO) and be fine.

viperar15

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
That is strange... that is the old home page.... hmmm
no worries... in the next few weeks... the old site will be completely gone. and we're working on a solution for the "mess" that you guys are talking about too :) give us some time :) i've been working my ass off between moc and a bank merger going on. lol

G

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
no worries... in the next few weeks... the old site will be completely gone. and we're working on a solution for the "mess" that you guys are talking about too :) give us some time :) i've been working my ass off between moc and a bank merger going on. lol
Thanks viper. The new site looks good. I was wondering what I was doing wrong.

FatboyCykes

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Please don't take any of this personal, its mostly venting, with a bit of truth thrown in. I understand the potential hesitation to separate, but I think at this point it just might be necessary.

detroit_fan

imported post

Our own site would be great. Even 2 or 3 sub forums here would be a big improvement, butI can't really complain untill I find the money to become a paying member. I'm just gald we have a place to post.