• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

no gun zones and signs

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
got to have guns wrote:
if you oc or cc and your job has a no gun sign can you still store your gun in your car at work or on in the parking lot ?
You could always park just off of company property as well.
Be cautious on Brass Magnet's advice. Yes, it is good, but should a fellow employee find out that you have a weapon in your vehicle, even parked off company property, there are some companies that will fire you. This, too, depends on what state you are in. Some states allow you to be fired "for any or no reason, with or without notice."
Unless you have an employment contract, you are generally considered an "employee at will." As such, subject to the will of the employer.

Yata hey

TheMrMitch

imported post

Stainless....kinda hard to do in these times. My life is valuable to me and I took chances being armed at work and fought tooth and nail with my company.

I told them my kids had orders to sue and they finally gave in somewhat. Not enough, but I retired before fighting them to the finish.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

The last job I had (I'm retired since last September) had a policy of no firearms or other weapons on the premises. Every day I carried a Spiderco clip-on pocket knife to work and most people knew it. What they didn't know was that in my vehicle was also one of my carry guns. One of the company security/facility people (not a rent-a-cop) told me that they knew that 50% (his figure) of the cars in the parking lots had guns in them so they just looked the other way.

You take a risk and it's your prerogative to decide if that risk is worth it to you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mad4rcn wrote:
:shock: OUCH !!!rent-a-cop bashing !!! LOL....

Where? Surely you jest - not in the below that I can see.

SouthernBoy wrote:
One of the company security/facility people (not a rent-a-cop) told me that they knew that 50% (his figure) of the cars in the parking lots had guns in them so they just looked the other way.
Yata hey