• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Events?

Gundude

imported post

I just returned from Bread and Cie in Hillcrest. It's a no go....there is a school 1/10 of a mile from it. Also checked out Seaport villiage, it's all boarded up with construction.

There is always the boardwalk at the USS MIdway. Metered parking at the Tuna Harbor. Anyone game for next weekend.....The 20th or 21st? Google earth USS Midway museum

Chunna

imported post

I'd be down anywhere legal. lol. and the Midway is pretty close to where I live. the 20th and 21st though, I have a motocycle training school thing from 12-5 so, that wont be the best weekend for me personally :/ But I have a couple other friends that are interested also in participating... They don't own pistols yet but, I'm gonna let them borrow mine. Keep me posted! I'm pretty free this weekend or the weekend of the 27th

Gundude

imported post

Chunna wrote:
I'd be down anywhere legal. lol. and the Midway is pretty close to where I live. the 20th and 21st though, I have a motocycle training school thing from 12-5 so, that wont be the best weekend for me personally :/ But I have a couple other friends that are interested also in participating... They don't own pistols yet but, I'm gonna let them borrow mine. Keep me posted! I'm pretty free this weekend or the weekend of the 27th
This weekend is pretty short notice. Let's see who responds. Maybe.......4 or 5 ppl would make a nice small group. The last meetup at the Midway was just Chewy and me. My first OC.

Chunna

imported post

Wow.. in that case.. 2's not a 'party'..! but yeah, we'll see what's up and take it til tomorrow... hopefully at least a few more people will be down to chill out and all.. this will be my first too so, kinda anxious. lol. thanks bud!

chewy352

imported post

I'm very busy this month, gettin hitched in April, so I can't really plan anything. The Midway area is a good location but the Midway is off limits so far as I know (It is still U.S. Navy property). I also Have another location In Mission valley for a meal.

pullnshoot25

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
I'm very busy this month, gettin hitched in April, so I can't really plan anything. The Midway area is a good location but the Midway is off limits so far as I know (It is still U.S. Navy property). I also Have another location In Mission valley for a meal.

I thought you were married?

Gundude

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Tell us about it. I'm into meals too.

Gundude

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
chewy352 wrote:

I thought you were married?
He is a better catch since he got a real job. :lol:

chewy352

imported post

Well we were married we just needed to get our government permission slip and have a ceremony.

And no she wont let me UOC at the wedding lol. I just know someone will ask.

I already told you about it Gundude. Are you off your Alzheimer's meds again. BTW I'll have your new socks at the next meetup.

The location I have is Jersey Mikes subs in Mission Valley. Not much to do there but eat but they have awesome subs. I have UOCed there 4-5 times with no problems and even talked to the owner while UOC but not about UOC.

Gundude

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Well we were married we just needed to get our government permission slip and have a ceremony.

And no she wont let me UOC at the wedding lol. I just know someone will ask.

I already told you about it Gundude. Are you off your Alzheimer's meds again. BTW I'll have your new socks at the next meetup.

The location I have is Jersey Mikes subs in Mission Valley. Not much to do there but eat but they have awesome subs. I have UOCed there 4-5 times with no problems and even talked to the owner while UOC but not about UOC.
A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

dumbbe11s

O/C San Diego

Does anyone want to plan an O/C event/meet in the next two weeks?

Last edited:

Firemark

Yea Ill start a string right now, also there was an arrest last week ON the Midway, details are sketchy from the newspaper, it seems it was harbor PD arrested and charge someone carrying on the Midway a concealed weapon and a switchblade, as well as transporting a concealed weapon in a vehicle. Dont know who it was or if the know about OC. But when I read "switchblade" I think of Sam's trumped up charge for his folding knife while OC'ing thats is not even close to a switchblade. Just FYI info, Harbor PD might have not gotten the bulletin on UOC, or they may not care about it. Also I would highly recommend if your going to UOC leave the folding knife at home, seems enterprising and slick thinking LE are gonna try and make anyhting stick to you, I say take it out of the equation.