Thread: Yellow trainer guns as a form of protest against victim disarmament zones

Post imported post

At a OCDO lunch yesterday (being interviewed by a reporter from the BBC), I floated the
    thought that I'd considered buying a yellow rubber police training gun & carrying it (holstered)
    as a form of protest whenever I'm in a victim disarmament zone.

A couple of the guys I was sitting with seemed to think it was a Good Idea, so I'm
    throwing it out here. As a form of free speech, civil protest, etc., it's tothe point but
    utterly non-threatening. It'd certainly generate discussion and questions. Without ammo in
    the holster,they could be carried into 'gun free' zones such as city hall or the statehouse
    whenspeaking on firearms-related issues.

I could buy one for myself for about $15, or get them in bulk for about $10 each & pass
    along the savings to anyone else who'd like to have one. If anyone else is interested, let
    me know. When I get another 9 people to commit, I'll place an order. If you don't live in the
    Milwaukee, WI area, add on shipping, which might be $2 to $3 each (at a guess; if it's
    less, I'll charge less).

The picture below is from the company; there's no choice in make/style; they look realistic
    enough to get the point across, but fake enough to not be threatening, esp. to the LEOs
    who are used to training with them.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Post imported post

MKEgal wrote:
    At a OCDO lunch yesterday (being interviewed by a reporter from the BBC), I floated the
    thought that I'd considered buying a yellow rubber police training gun & carrying it (holstered)
    as a form of protest whenever I'm in a victim disarmament zone.

A couple of the guys I was sitting with seemed to think it was a Good Idea, so I'm
    throwing it out here. As a form of free speech, civil protest, etc., it's tothe point but
    utterly non-threatening. It'd certainly generate discussion and questions. Without ammo in
    the holster,they could be carried into 'gun free' zones such as city hall or the statehouse
    whenspeaking on firearms-related issues.

I could buy one for myself for about $15, or get them in bulk for about $10 each & pass
    along the savings to anyone else who'd like to have one. If anyone else is interested, let
    me know. When I get another 9 people to commit, I'll place an order. If you don't live in the
    Milwaukee, WI area, add on shipping, which might be $2 to $3 each (at a guess; if it's
    less, I'll charge less).

-
    good idea , i would need a glock 17 for my serpa holster
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

The bad part is that most places have some kind of law about "facsimile firearms", no matter how ridiculous they may look, and those laws are not preempted by state law. So, the irony is that you could actually get in more trouble for a fake gun than a real one, at least out of Victim disarmement zones.

The laws vary on how the facsimile in question must look like a real firearm. So, some places you would probably be ok with that yellow thing, others you may not. You'd have to check the local regulations.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

OK, EVERYONE STUFF A Banana in your holsters.:celebrate
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    OK, EVERYONE STUFF A Banana in your holsters.:celebrate
    Really did think about doing Just that. You get a surprisingly realistic print from the "butt" of a banana.

I used just those same fake firearms for my CHP training.. except in blue. We had fake blue revolvers too!

Post imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
    The bad part is that most places have some kind of law about "facsimile firearms", no matter how ridiculous they may look, and those laws are not preempted by state law. So, the irony is that you could actually get in more trouble for a fake gun than a real one, at least out of Victim disarmement zones.

The laws vary on how the facsimile in question must look like a real firearm. So, some places you would probably be ok with that yellow thing, others you may not. You'd have to check the local regulations.
    I bet you could beat that charge by drilling a 1" hole through the "slide" at the ejection port and 2 more through the "grip" where the mag would be. Any idiot could then plainly tell that it is definitely not an operable firearm.

Post imported post

What if I stuck a rubber chicken in a holster?

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    What if I stuck a rubber chicken in a holster?
    I think that would even be more funny

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think. The folks over at Maryland Shall Issue have done empty holster protests and seem to be getting good attention doing so. That said some of them do wear "Ask me why my holster is empty" t-shirts.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think.
    I always wear at least a holster with my outerwear.

((I started to write 'always wear' unqualified but thought better of exciting G LOC K34))

Even my Lutheran pastor's awareness has been raised (perhaps by learning of Wisc. Stats. 66.0401 near our preemption statute 66.0409).

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think. The folks over at Maryland Shall Issue have done empty holster protests and seem to be getting good attention doing so. That said some of them do wear "Ask me why my holster is empty" t-shirts.
    I actually end up doing that everyday as I frequent facilities which ban firearms. Just the holster. I got sick of undoing the belt loop and all that in the vehicle every time.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think.
    I always wear at least a holster with my outerwear.

((I started to write 'always wear' unqualified but thought better of exciting G LOC K34))

Even my Lutheran pastor's awareness has been raised (perhaps by learning of Wisc. Stats. 66.0401 near our preemption statute 66.0409).
    silly troll

Post imported post

Anyone want to bet how long before kwikrnu paints a gun yellow?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776