• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yellow trainer guns as a form of protest against victim disarmament zones

MKEgal

imported post

At a OCDO lunch yesterday (being interviewed by a reporter from the BBC), I floated the
thought that I'd considered buying a yellow rubber police training gun & carrying it (holstered)
as a form of protest whenever I'm in a victim disarmament zone.

A couple of the guys I was sitting with seemed to think it was a Good Idea, so I'm
throwing it out here. As a form of free speech, civil protest, etc., it's tothe point but
utterly non-threatening. It'd certainly generate discussion and questions. Without ammo in
the holster,they could be carried into 'gun free' zones such as city hall or the statehouse
whenspeaking on firearms-related issues.

I could buy one for myself for about $15, or get them in bulk for about $10 each & pass
along the savings to anyone else who'd like to have one. If anyone else is interested, let
me know. When I get another 9 people to commit, I'll place an order. If you don't live in the
Milwaukee, WI area, add on shipping, which might be $2 to $3 each (at a guess; if it's
less, I'll charge less).

The picture below is from the company; there's no choice in make/style; they look realistic
enough to get the point across, but fake enough to not be threatening, esp. to the LEOs
who are used to training with them.

-

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MKEgal wrote:
At a OCDO lunch yesterday (being interviewed by a reporter from the BBC), I floated the
thought that I'd considered buying a yellow rubber police training gun & carrying it (holstered)
as a form of protest whenever I'm in a victim disarmament zone.

A couple of the guys I was sitting with seemed to think it was a Good Idea, so I'm
throwing it out here. As a form of free speech, civil protest, etc., it's tothe point but
utterly non-threatening. It'd certainly generate discussion and questions. Without ammo in
the holster,they could be carried into 'gun free' zones such as city hall or the statehouse
whenspeaking on firearms-related issues.

I could buy one for myself for about $15, or get them in bulk for about $10 each & pass
along the savings to anyone else who'd like to have one. If anyone else is interested, let
me know. When I get another 9 people to commit, I'll place an order. If you don't live in the
Milwaukee, WI area, add on shipping, which might be $2 to $3 each (at a guess; if it's
less, I'll charge less).

-
:) good idea , i would need a glock 17 for my serpa holster

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The bad part is that most places have some kind of law about "facsimile firearms", no matter how ridiculous they may look, and those laws are not preempted by state law. So, the irony is that you could actually get in more trouble for a fake gun than a real one, at least out of Victim disarmement zones.

The laws vary on how the facsimile in question must look like a real firearm. So, some places you would probably be ok with that yellow thing, others you may not. You'd have to check the local regulations.

cscitney87

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
OK, EVERYONE STUFF A Banana in your holsters.:celebrate
Really did think about doing Just that. You get a surprisingly realistic print from the "butt" of a banana.

I used just those same fake firearms for my CHP training.. except in blue. We had fake blue revolvers too!

Hef

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
The bad part is that most places have some kind of law about "facsimile firearms", no matter how ridiculous they may look, and those laws are not preempted by state law. So, the irony is that you could actually get in more trouble for a fake gun than a real one, at least out of Victim disarmement zones.

The laws vary on how the facsimile in question must look like a real firearm. So, some places you would probably be ok with that yellow thing, others you may not. You'd have to check the local regulations.
I bet you could beat that charge by drilling a 1" hole through the "slide" at the ejection port and 2 more through the "grip" where the mag would be. Any idiot could then plainly tell that it is definitely not an operable firearm.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think. The folks over at Maryland Shall Issue have done empty holster protests and seem to be getting good attention doing so. That said some of them do wear "Ask me why my holster is empty" t-shirts.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

longwatch wrote:
It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think.
I always wear at least a holster with my outerwear.

((I started to write 'always wear' unqualified but thought better of exciting G LOC K34))

Even my Lutheran pastor's awareness has been raised (perhaps by learning of Wisc. Stats. 66.0401 near our preemption statute 66.0409).

cscitney87

imported post

longwatch wrote:
It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think. The folks over at Maryland Shall Issue have done empty holster protests and seem to be getting good attention doing so. That said some of them do wear "Ask me why my holster is empty" t-shirts.
I actually end up doing that everyday as I frequent facilities which ban firearms. Just the holster. I got sick of undoing the belt loop and all that in the vehicle every time.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
longwatch wrote:
It's visible and gun savvy folks would get it, but not everyone else I think. Just empty holsters works better I think.
I always wear at least a holster with my outerwear.

((I started to write 'always wear' unqualified but thought better of exciting G LOC K34))

Even my Lutheran pastor's awareness has been raised (perhaps by learning of Wisc. Stats. 66.0401 near our preemption statute 66.0409).
:lol: silly troll:lol: