Thread: OCDO's Mike Stollenwerk open carry interview on KIRO radio

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

News Talk 97.3 KIRO FM
    Northwest Nights with Frank Shiers (7:00 pm)
    Guns in Public Debate: Interview with Brian Malte, spokesman for the Brady Campaign, which is urging Starbucks to enact a no-guns policy in its stores. Calls taken about the Brady Campaign, open carry laws. Guns in Public Debate: Interview with Mike Stollenwerk of OpenCarry.org, an 2nd Amendment advocacy group that encourages open and safe exercise of gun rights. Calls taken about open carry laws.

Post imported post

OHHHHH I was way off. Apparently the Brady Campaign isn't against gun rights and gun owners. Well sounds harmless enough...

(vomit Icon here...)

Post imported post

Excellent Interview you did there Mike, thank you for the great work you guys do.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Double Thumbs Up on this interview
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Post imported post

Nice job Mike.

Did anyone else catch the Brady Bunch guy saying that an OCer's gun discharged at an OC picnic in Michigan? Any truth to it, or is ityet another anti-gunner lie?

Banned

Post imported post

If it was true, then the Brady Campaign for Criminal Safety is surely patting themselves on the back for causing law-abiding citizens to have to handle their guns unnecessarily, instead of simply leaving them in the holster until ready to fire.

Post imported post

Thank you Mike , great job!!

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    Nice job Mike.

Did anyone else catch the Brady Bunch guy saying that an OCer's gun discharged at an OC picnic in Michigan? Any truth to it, or is ityet another anti-gunner lie?
    It really happened. Unfortunately, in Michigan, you can't get into a motor vehicle with a firearm. Once you do, it's considered concealed and you need a Concealed Pistol License.

The person involved did not have a CPL. So, as required by law, he had to take the pistol out of his holster and put it away in the trunk. Michigan law requires the pistol to be unloaded, somehow, in the process of unloading it, it went off. Fortunately, the muzzle was pointed in a safe direction, and no one was hurt. Reportedly, very few people even heard it go off.

But if our OC laws were a bit more common sense, it would have never happened.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Post imported post

to ad to what big gay al said, most ofpeopleat the oc picnic had gown home.and only a few oc'ers where left at the picniccleaning up when the accidental discharge happened

Post imported post

Beautiful interview. You could tell that Frank put the Brady guy in the corner, by simply asking a well though out, logical string of questions. Ask meaningful questions, and watch them stutter and stammer.

For the guy at the end of the broadcast, who claimed to be a Infantry Officer, I would have to say the following:

#1. Politics are not your theater. Your theater is to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States, of which you swore an oath to.

#2. I have seen the highest trained of personnel within the Army, accidentally discharge their firearm, on multiple occasions. *Oops*, it happens.

I could tell by the tone of his voice that he had a problem with civilians having firearms for their own personal protection, because it detracts from the elitist image that he would like to upkeep as an infantryman. it somehow makes him less important, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Anyways, wonderful comments on the interview. Was a pleasure listening to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

Good, level headed well reasoned dialogue: as usual Mike.