• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hows about a state wide litter clean up?

Michigander

imported post

Seems pretty self explanatory, but just to clarify. I think we should do a bunch of litter clean ups on the same day on different high traffic roads across the state, organized in different regions. 3-5 people per clean up, perhaps more, with as many groups as we can arrange for. This would be a nice community service, and a very cool news story if we did it right.

So anyone who is interested, please say so, and where you'll want to clean up. If we can make this happen, to make things easy to look at, I can just list every place and time in this post.

As of right now, I think Sunday, May 16th would be a good bet, but that's certainly open to change if it doesn't work well.

In this area, I suggest we clean up Gratiot like we did last year, meeting first at the National Coney for Breakfast at 9:30 or so.

Who's interested?

Details-

Sunday may 16 State Wide Litter Clean Up

Gratiot Clean up
Meet at National Coney Island on Gratiot and 696
930 am
Confirmed attendance- Fatboycykes, ABWAG, Scot623

Telegraph Clean up
Meeting somewhere in Pontiac or Waterford, still to be decided
Confirmed Attendance- Michigander

Lansing clean up
further details to come
Confirmed Attendance- Venator, lil freak

Michigander

imported post

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

Just for clarification, if we're going to do this, we need 2 things. First, people to step up to the plate and organize clean ups in their areas. Second, we'll need people to volunteer to help with the clean ups, preferably specifiying here which they're going to. The first post can list all of this.

In addition to the one I'm suggesting on Gratiot, I would hope we'd have some clean ups around Flint, Westland, Saginaw, Jackson, Kalamazoo, maybe Traverse City, perhaps somewhere in the UP, maybe Monroe, something like that, but certainly not necessarily that exactly.

I realize this is kind of a big request with a lot of involvement, but it seems pretty doable.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

id help out...im like a 5 min drive from coney and in early may ill be getting my license and buying a truck...or SUV...point being id be able to make it in mid may...in this general area. so count me in....definitely

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I like it. I can coordinate one in the Lansing area. A blitz on clean ups across the state on the same day would be something the media might cover in various areas.

scot623

imported post

I'm in for Eastpointe/Roseville area. If a certain area has a huge response, where others a bit weaker, I'll drive to another area if neccesarry to balance out the crews. I say post it on MOC with subsections for cities/areas so we can see where we need to be.

Michigander

imported post

The Gratiot one seems to be in pretty good order.

Some time ago I tried to organize one in Pontiac, but it got rained out. I would again like to try that, so since I won't need to go to the Gratiot one, I'd like to suggest we clean up Telegraph in Pontiac. Where to meet up, I'm not yet sure. There are definitely enough restaurants in the area, just gotta pick a good one.

Venator wrote:
I like it. I can coordinate one in the Lansing area. A blitz on clean ups across the state on the same day would be something the media might cover in various areas.
Please set up a time and place, and I'll post it on top. ;)

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

im in on the gratiot one...and i may know a couple people who would help out elsewhere in the state...it seems like a great idea....i wonder why there havent been more responses??:question:

Michigander

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I'd love to help out with the Lansing one, but I have my wedding shower that same day (May 16th).
Remember, you don't have to drive far or make it an all day thing. If you'll have time in the morning, you could help clean a street in Jackson. With all of you guys in that area, I do hope one happens there.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

Come on people!...its really not all that difficult to pick up trash!...lol...i really think its a great idea....blitzing the state with litter clean ups is A- just a nice thing to do, B- gives MOC'ers a chance to meet, eat, and do something productive, and C- i would think it would make more than one news story....JMO

manicdevery

imported post

is there anyone planning on doing anything in the next couple hours? i am just now getting out of the house and was hoping to do something in lansing. even the telegraph clean up sounded nice. i will check this when i get back to town.

Devery