• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disorderly Conduct.

Big Boy

imported post

I can't seem to find the laws on disorderly conduct. Sometimes in hassles with LEO it is often used by them to as a threat to arrest.

I would like to read over the actual written laws.

cash50

imported post

Big Boy, it all depends on where you live. A charge like this is going to be filed municipally so they can keep the money. I suggest pulling up your city website, and looking through the ordinances. Read them, and you will know.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I have been doing quite a lot of research in codes and ordnances to make a OC and OC with CCW map.Allot of the municipalities wording differ but none of them that I have seen would justify a disorderly conduct ticket for just OC in a OC legal jurisdiction. Here is just one example ofa DC code. This one is from Desloge MO.

SECTION 220.220: DISORDERLY CONDUCT PROHIBITED
A person shall be guilty of disorderly conduct if, with the purpose of causing public danger, alarm, disorder, nuisance, or if his/her conduct is likely to cause public danger, alarm, disorder or nuisance, he/she willfully does any of the following acts in a public place:

1. Commits an act in a violent and tumultuous manner toward another whereby that other is placed in danger of his/her life, injury to his/her limb or health;

2. Commits an act in a violent and tumultuous manner toward another whereby the property of any person is placed in danger of being destroyed or damaged;

3. Causes, provokes, or engages in any fight, brawl or riotous conduct so as to endanger that life, limb, health, or property of another;

4. Interferes with another's pursuit of a lawful occupation by acts of violence;

5. Obstructs, either singly or together with other persons, the flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic and refuses to clear such public way when ordered to do so by the City Police or other lawful authority known to be such;

6. Resists or obstructs the performance of duties by City Police or any other authorized official of the City, when known to be such an official;

7. Incites, attempts to incite, or is involved in attempting to incite a riot;

8. Addresses abusive language or threats to any member of the Police Department, any other authorized official of the City who is engaged in lawful performance of his/her duties, or any other person when such words have a tendency to cause acts of violence. Words merely causing displeasure, annoyance or resentment are not prohibited;

9. Damages, befouls, or disturbs public property or the property of another so as to create a hazardous, unhealthy or physically offensive condition;

10. Makes or causes to be made any loud, boisterous and unreasonable noise or disturbance to the annoyance of any other persons nearby, or near to any public highway, road, street, lane, alley, park, square, or common, whereby the public peace is broken or disturbed, or the traveling public annoyed;

11. Fails to obey a lawful order to disperse by a Police Officer when known to be such an official, where one (1) or more persons are committing acts of disorderly conduct in the immediate vicinity, and the public health and safety is imminently threatened;

12. Uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture. (CC 1990 §220.170; CC §75.211)