• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Gay & Lesbian News - Assemblymember Lori Saldaña wants gun owners to stay in clos

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

One of the things she mentions in her article is the alleged 'fear" that cali OCers allegedly induced by 60 people going to the beach to "march" - though this is not true, it illustrates why it is best NOT to organize gigundous meet ups or marches - the strongest way to be a good ambassador for gun carry is to go alone or relatively modest sized groups in your daily life to normal activities.

Meeting in giant groups or "marches" is a sign of weakness - and, lets the antis say we scared people on purpose like kooks in a giant mob.

Everybody see what i am saying?

This is a publicty game with a game theoretic component.

slowfiveoh

imported post

Mike,

I understand not organizing enormous meetings, but wouldn't going "alone" leave an individual open to personal attack or otherwise outgunned by any significant group with an agenda?

For instance, 4 supporters of anti-gun agenda may corner or collaborate against an independent OC'er.

Perhaps large scale protests or meetings should be done with only a small percentage armed?

Just curious what the "Official Stance" would be.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
Mike,

I understand not organizing enormous meetings, but wouldn't going "alone" leave an individual open to personal attack or otherwise outgunned by any significant group with an agenda?
I do it all the time - OC alone - saw a guy OCing in Old Town alexandria last night - not a big deal - really folks, people don't run up and spontaneously attack open carriers.

I'm not saying don;t have meetups - just realize gigantic meetups in starbucks or restaurants or beachfronts is going to be twisted - a family out for a stroll cannot be twisted to look like something ogther than what it is.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

What a brainless twit!!!!

Parents pushing a stroller don't know if the person walking towards them with a properly holstered gun on their hip mean them harm?

Here's your first clue lady...Criminals aren't going to advertise that they have a gun! They are gutless punks and cowards...and as such need to have the element of surprise on their side...However,seeing a legally armed citizen...being the gutless punks and cowards they are, are going to look elsewhere for their victims...so be THANKFUL you see that legally armed citizen!!!

She supportsgun ownership rights forsportsmenand self defense in the home?

Criminals decide the time and place of their attacks on their victims...not the other way around. So she wants a population of unarmed victims...it's just that plain and simple.

And the dumbest statement of all...only LEO's should be allowed to carry?

Because when someone is sticking a gun in your face demanding your wallet...they're going to wait for you to call 911 on your celland then wait for the police to arrive...and it never happens that the criminal decides their chances of not getting caught will be better if they just go ahead and kill their victim, doing away with the witness...Yeah, OK!

Because when seconds count...average police response time is anywherefrom 5to45 minutes...that's ok, I'll protect myself!

Like I said....what a brainless twit :banghead:!!!

Ca Patriot

imported post

Idont think going alone during open carry is a wise move in California. The police and DA'sare clearly going out of their way (and outside the law)to arrest open carry citizens so witness are vital. In addition, I believe there will soon be counter measures taken by Brady Bunch activists to attempt to bait or entice open carry citizens into confrontations that result in either violence or violations of the law.

Video and audio recorders are essential. Never open carry without them.

Pace

imported post

Isn't it sad that she could transpose the words "Gay and Lesbian".

It shows how bigoted this is. I will post this.

-----

I am moving forward with legislation to address the issue of Gay and Lesbians in public.
People should be free from the fear and the potential for Gay and Lesbian immorality. A parent pushing a stroller shouldn’t have to determine whether the motives of a Gay and Lesbian are innocent or not..
The average person isn’t able to tell a Gay or Lesbian from a Straight Guy.
While current state law prohibits carrying a naked Gay or Lesbian in public, it does not address Gay or Lesbians kissing in public. This gap in California law has been a platform for Gay-rights advocates seeking to push for acceptance of Gays or Lesbians

This movement is commonly called "GLBTG."
In my district, the Gay movement stirred up controversy when a group of around 60 Gay supporters marched along a boardwalk at a crowded beach. People were understandably concerned.The police were called and the situation became frightening for the families simply enjoying a day at the beach.
Law enforcement expressed concerns that these displays will tie-up resources by forcing them to respond to calls from concerned citizens and to determine whether Gays are harassing children

These displays of Gay Pride can create potentially dangerous situations. If peace officers respond to a call about a Gay Person, and the armed person then behaves in a way that is perceived as a sexual advance, the officers may be forced to respond in a way that proves really Gay.

I believe that responsible Gays has a place in our communities, including Dancing, Interior Decorators and an individual’s right to have Gay Sex their home. But Gays in public are intimidating and potentially dangerous presence in public. There is an imbalance of power that can be frightening for people just spending time with their families.
The legislation will have its first hearing later this spring.

Gordie

imported post

And what would she say if someone pointed out that many straight people are frightened by hundreds of gays marching down the street in a "Gay Pride" parade? Should they be banned as well?

XD40coyote

imported post

The solution to shut them up would be to have some OC groups made up of ethnic minorities, very obvious gays, and some people in wheel chairs, do regular OC outings.

If the anti gunners whine about this, they will be seen by the publicas the bigots they always have been.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
The solution to shut them up would be to have some OC groups made up of ethnic minorities, very obvious gays, and some people in wheel chairs, do regular OC outings.

If the anti gunners whine about this, they will be seen by the publicas the bigots they always have been.

I like your general thrust - enough of the angry white men!

it's all about apperences - we need nice smiling multi-cultural families and friends open carrying in public in proper holsters - and the whole cammoflage outfits and vests need to go too.

TheMrMitch

imported post

I personally am not going to let others' phobias rule my life. They don't like what I do....so be it. I don't like gays and lezzies but ain't gonna let it worry me. I refuse to listen to them and have no remorse as they can refuse to listen to me.

I'm a happy man secure in the knowledge of what I am capable of and live onward.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
- and, lets the antis say we scared people on purpose like kooks in a giant mob.

Everybody see what i am saying?

This is a publicty game with a game theoretic component.
We hear you, but, they're going to paint us that color no matter what. Do you not see solo OCers being called the same names?

I still stand on the side of Freedom; if you feel like doing it, do it.

When the 'armed mob' goes and does their thing, and all the fear-mongering comes up as nothing but hot air; nothing happened.... People notice that, too. When you're told to listen for machine gun fire, and you don't hear anything....... This can unify even if onlookers disagree. When people realize the hate speech they've been fed about each other is bunk, they no longer see those they disagree with as 'the enemy.' They become tolerant and permissive. They might even talk to each other like civilized human beings...

Just as in teaching. A good teacher tries to explain the same concept 20 different ways. Which is why there isn't any one 'way' to promote OC. Different things will 'click' for different people. Different people will want to do those different things...

So let them. It's legal... It isn't hurting anyone. Except maybe what your particular ideal of how you feel it does or should work...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
...and the whole cammoflage outfits...
I take issue with this. I wear BDUs and a t-shirt every day. Usually with Birkenstocks or Sandals... I've been dressing like this since before I knew what guns were.

It's cheap, durable, doesn't show stains, and very comfortable. If someone chooses to have some wild belief that it 'means something,' that's their problem. Kinda like OCing... I can wear what I want, this is what I like, screw off!

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
Another article with a comments form that gives a bloody frakking error message...

Emailed to antonio.castelan@sandiego6.com

Most criminals say in jailhouse interviews that they fear their victims having guns and defending themselves. The FBI UCR and other statistics compiled by John Lott show where the right to keep and bear arms is respected, not infringed as Saldana proposes to do, crime is lower. Victim disarmament as seen in DC, Chicago, and New York City, causes crime to be sky-high.

<She tells us unloaded guns in public create many headaches for law enforcement. They have to check out the individual, and she feels it could raise a possible dangerous situation.>

Lie. Police do not have to check out the individual. No law requires this. It is completely optional on the part of the officer, and those who opt out choose not to violate the 4th Amendment's prohibition of unreasonable searches and seizures.

<"With rights come responsibilities," reminds Saldana. "I'm not opposed to gun ownership for a variety of reasons, but just because one can own a gun doesn't mean they can display it anywhere for any purpose.">

The Second Amendment says otherwise. Self defense in public; the right to bear arms, is a lawful purpose. What she proposes is an infringment on the Constitutional and inherent human right that "shall not be infringed."