Thread: OT: WTB/Borrow AR-15 Armorer's Wrench

Post imported post

Hey All,
    Just wondering if anyone has a used Armorer's Wrench that I could buy or borrow. I'm looking to install a single point sling attachment to my Double Star AR-15 and just need to remove/install the 3-pt castle nut. Any help much appreciated!

I live in downtown Seattle and would be more than happy to pick-up if location is close enough.

Post imported post

Save your money and buy the GG&G single point that attaches to your stock tube. It is easily removable and attaches with an allen wrench(provided) for about $30.

Post imported post

If you're talking about the semicircle-with-tooth stock wrench, I've got one I can loan you. It's on the peninsula, though, so you might want to wait and see if anyone closer has one.

Post imported post

I got one i can loan you, i'm up in everett.

Post imported post

I have a spare one that is just for the buffer tube nut. $10 and it's yours. I'm in Port Orchard, so USPS may be the easiest method. PM me if you want it.

Post imported post

0V3RC10CK3D - PM Sent

Post imported post

In a pinch you can use a widetooth flathead screwdriver and a mallet (and a friend to hold the rifle.)
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    In a pinch you can use a widetooth flathead screwdriver and a mallet (and a friend to hold the rifle.)
    Or a piece of leather around the nut and then a pipe wrench

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    Or a piece of leather around the nut and then a pipe wrench
    That too.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill