• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Times gets educated; Seattle Times wises up (a little)

deanf

imported post

Students ages 13 and older were invited to weigh in, and many of them took off the gloves.

But there is no way to verify if any of them were 13 and older. I was able to post a comment, and I'm 40.

As with most internet polls (and this is a form of one) the results are easily skewed by activist groups (like us) and no true conclusions about the pulse of the people should be drawn from them.

Trigger Dr

imported post

kparker wrote:
deanf,

Careful what you admit to here. For all we know, falsly representing your age over the internet is a Federal felony now.
:?
Only if is invstigated by the DOE:celebrate

amlevin

imported post

the Seattle Times, a newspaper that has also established a tradition of being supportive of every goofy gun control measure floating to the top in Olympia.

This statement made me grin. The last time I pumped my Septic Tank the same sort ofstuff floated to the top there as what usually "floats to the top" in any Legislative session. If they aren't trying some kind or another of gun control they are trying to figure out how to squeeze more taxes out of the citizens. What amazes me is not those in the Legislature but the mystery surrounding how they stay there. Aren't there any sane voters left?

kenzmad

imported post

"The last time I pumped my Septic Tank the same sort ofstuff floated to the top"

This caught my eye. I own a septic tank cleaning business and never thought about OC while pumping the tanks:D

kenzmad

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Perhaps the winds really are finally shifting. The good that may come out of the current congress and administration is the end of the left swing of the socio-political pendulum and a start back towards the center.