• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh. My. God

aureol40012

imported post

Ok, I'm sat here in the UK and I've just seen a feature on BBC News about some steroid pumped "little man syndrome" dick who apparently is the president of the Open Carry club.

WTF? Have you guys seriously chosen this moron to be President of your club? Couldn't you have someone who doesn't personify an aggressive, repressed, body building, insecure, macho, aggressive idiot? Is this really the image you want to portray? Surely not, because this is the image we have of redneck American gun wielding idiots anyway, surely you don't want to legitimise this image?!!

And finally, I love the logic that that gun wielding yanks use. "Durrr, if I walk around a public places packing a piece it will, err, reduce violent shootings..........."

Is there something in the water over there? Seriously, you guys are frikin MENTAL. It is NOT acceptable to walk around using a gun to make up for your own insecurities. If you need a penis extension buy a 4x4. Oooops, silly me, you already do that, yet you STILL need a gun in addition.

Fuckwits.

J

x

TFred

imported post

Welcome to OCDO. And thanks for the entertaining rants and raves. They provide much insight into the character of the poster.

Actually, the fact that guns are such a normal part of our culture here is largely due to your country. After we found them indispensable to the task of throwing off the previous tyrannical rulers of our country, well, we decided to keep them around for defense against criminals, future tyrants, and the like.

So, on behalf of an entire nation of freedom-loving gun owners... I thank you!

TFred

aureol40012

imported post

TFred wrote:
Welcome to OCDO. And thanks for the entertaining rants and raves. They provide much insight into the character of the poster.

Actually, the fact that guns are such a normal part of our culture here is largely due to your country. After we found them indispensable to the task of throwing off the previous tyrannical rulers of our country, well, we decided to keep them around for defense against criminals, future tyrants, and the like.

TFred
Ok, so if you lot owning guns is down to us Brits (seriously, get over it, it was a LONG time ago, and I notice you are still using our language......) then presumably we can blame every ill in Vietnam, etc, on you lot?!

I still remember visiting my Uncle in Miami in 1984 at the age of 13 and him showing me his gun. I haven't had any contact with him since for that reason; the idiot thought it was normal to show a child a gun!!!!

aureol40012

imported post

And I notice that the "freedom loving" element of being a yank only applies to, errrr, yanks. God help you if you are Cuban, Afghan, Pakistani, etc, etc. God hopes Obama sorts you rednecks out, or preferably eradicates you.........

Lurchiron

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
TFred wrote:

TFred
Ok, so if you lot owning guns is down to us Brits (seriously, get over it, it was a LONG time ago, and I notice you are still using our language......) then presumably we can blame every ill in Vietnam, etc, on you lot?!

I still remember visiting my Uncle in Miami in 1984 at the age of 13 and him showing me his gun. I haven't had any contact with him since for that reason; the idiot thought it was normal to show a child a gun!!!!

I can get you a good deal on some Enfields', great shape; never fired and only dropped once.

Cheerio Inselaffen...and enjoy your conversion, and dammit; go see a dentist :dude:.

Pace

imported post

I have expressed my distaste for having UK OpenCarry, as I do not believe gun possession to be a universal right, but a very American one. Additionally, I wouldn't want a bunch of English OpenCarrying anyway. :)

aureol40012 wrote:
Ok, I'm sat here in the UK and I've just seen a feature on BBC News about some steroid pumped "little man syndrome" dick who apparently is the president of the Open Carry club.

WTF? Have you guys seriously chosen this moron to be President of your club? Couldn't you have someone who doesn't personify an aggressive, repressed, body building, insecure, macho, aggressive idiot? Is this really the image you want to portray? Surely not, because this is the image we have of redneck American gun wielding idiots anyway, surely you don't want to legitimise this image?!!

And finally, I love the logic that that gun wielding yanks use. "Durrr, if I walk around a public places packing a piece it will, err, reduce violent shootings..........."

Is there something in the water over there? Seriously, you guys are frikin MENTAL. It is NOT acceptable to walk around using a gun to make up for your own insecurities. If you need a penis extension buy a 4x4. Oooops, silly me, you already do that, yet you STILL need a gun in addition.

@#$%wits.

J

x

t33j

imported post

lol... there are some 10 year olds that can shoot better than I do. Heaven forbid they should have to look at a gun. Oh my god!

slowfiveoh

imported post

Maybe you could defend yourself with a knife, while being stabbed in shankville over there?

Oh wait, if you defend yourself you have to go before the magistrate and apologize to the individual who stabbed you for not kindly handing over all of your personal belongings.

Hows that whole 'Sharias Law' thing working over there? :D

gbentzen8

imported post

WOW. I'm soooooo hurt. You are such a brute.....was it because your uncle showed you his "GUN" ?

First let me explain to you that the LOWEST form of debate is "name calling". Yanks, rednecks, eradication thereof. ZOWIE, you are certainly a supreme intellect and we should all bow to your debating prowess.

NEWSFLASH: You Brits aren't loved out there. Your former empire left a lot of anger in its wake. We redneck yanks who should be eradicated have saved your tiny little island twice in the 20th century. Personally I like Britain (from afar), but you sir are another matter. You were 13 when uncie showed you his piece.........judging by the quality of your posts , thatwas what, about 4 years ago?

If you don't want to live ina country where one can defend oneself, then stay in Britain and kick and scream and call a Bobbie. Maybe your body will still be warm enough to determine time of death for the investigation. LONGSHOT

jag06

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
TFred wrote:
Welcome to OCDO.  And thanks for the entertaining rants and raves.  They provide much insight into the character of the poster.

Actually, the fact that guns are such a normal part of our culture here is largely due to your country.  After we found them indispensable to the task of throwing off the previous tyrannical rulers of our country, well, we decided to keep them around for defense against criminals, future tyrants, and the like.

TFred

I still remember visiting my Uncle in Miami in 1984 at the age of 13 and him showing me his gun.  I haven't had any contact with him since for that reason; the idiot thought it was normal to show a child a gun!!!!

Oh my gosh, I just figured out what is wrong with me, I have been around guns since I was born and it just hit me, I am not normal for this! And look how it has messed me up, I teach firearm safety to other kids at boy scout camp which makes me a idiot for showing kids guns, and it makes me even more so for teaching them how to shoot them safely! If I dont stop this I might not ever be able to stop!

Back to reality, I have been around guns my whole life, I grew up with them, learn how to shoot them SAFELY, and how to handle them SAFELY. To me, growing up without guns is not normal, but thats just me. Now I teach kids how to safely handle firearms to show them that guns can be fun and safe if you know how to safely use them. I also have fed the homeless, cleaned trash out of parks, along roads, out of lakes and rivers, and in general been a active part in my community in giving back to it. So if that makes me not normal, then I would not want to know what normal is let alone be normal.