• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carried In Sams Club in Kenosha

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

On the way home to Kenosha from the luncheon in Pewaukee we decided to shop at Sams Club in Kenosha where we live. Pretty uneventful but we did get quite a few stares at my step daughter. She had the "most visible" gun in my opinion since she was wearing jeans and a black leather vest with a brown leather De Santis holster for her Ruger P95. That holster stands out like a sore thumb. We shopped for a good half hour with mostly no interactions with other people. When we got to the "free food" sections where you can try different foods it changed a bit. My daughter was trying the Hot Pockets when the young man at the station finally noticed she was wearing that "big ole Ruger P95". His eyes did a double take when he handed her a box of Hot Pockets to put in the shopping cart. Same thing at the next "free food counter" as I call them. Another young guy noticed her gun (not mine) and his eyes popped out too. We went about our business and filled the cart. Eventually we made it to the check out and the girl there noticed we were both wearing pistols. She didn't say a thing but her demeanor changed a bit. Still, no problems and we exited the store with no issues. After putting the groceries into my car we left and headed out. There was a Kenosha Sheriff's car driving through the Walmart parking lot towards Sams Club (across the street) as we pulled up to the stop sign to exit Sams Club. Not sure if anyone called the police but if they did they did not have their lights on. :dude: Oh, and our "evil guns" didn't jump out of the holsters and shoot anyone!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LOL! Hey, I KNOW! I try to get her to eat HEALTHY but it falls on deaf ears. At least the Hot Pocket was cut into small pieces so she couldn't eat a whole one. LOL. As we were leaving the checkout counter a manager walked by us and just said "How are you?" as we walked by. This was her FIRST open carry and she was a pro at it. I swear she didn't bat an eye or feel out of place at all. I still cannot get her mother to open carry with me but she may be getting closer after her 18 year old daughter did it. :celebrate

hunter9mm

imported post

I can relate to that!!!

Getting the wife to OC probably will never happen for me either, even though my son does, she's just not with the whole movement at all

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I understand! My wife is with the movement but I think she is unwilling to get out there and actively participate. Heck, looking at the nations history only about 3 to 6 percent of the American population actively participated in the American Revolution. Pretty sad that so few fought and died for this country but that is reality. All we can do is go forward and do our best to be great ambassadors to our cause.:dude:

Hunting Mama

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The situation seems a little reversed in my house. Although, I don't open carry -YET, when I find the right gun to do so I will. My hubby on the other hand just can't quite grasp the whole concept.:? Hopefully all that will change when I do start to OC and he sees that we won't get arrested every time or cause total public uproar. Funny how he grew up with guns his whole life and all, but the "common public view" of OCing has been ingrained in him.

Maybe his thoughts will change when we get out of our hick town and into a populated town and he feels a little edgy. He knows Mama will keep him safe! :lol:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hunting Mama, I think the best way to "break the ice" is to get together with us open carriers at the next event we have. Bring Hubby and his gun and I can pretty much guarantee ya that you both will feel comfortable to open carry with the rest of us. Once that is done the ice is broken and you will feel comfortable in open carrying in public. It isn't easy the first few times but understand it is a RIGHT and it is LEGAL. Carry on!:celebrate

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hunting Mama wrote:
Thanks - I have been watching the clean-up schedules and such. Hopefully, I can get him to come with. If not, I have a feeling I will still be in good company!

I look forward to meeting alot of you in the future.
where in WI are you ?