Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC - Wisconsin Carry Inc. raises pressure for gun rights

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8563512.stm

see video!

SNIP

The US Supreme Court is considering lifting a long-standing ban on handguns in Chicago, a decision which could have implications across the country.

It comes as more people are joining a movement known as Open Carry, which insists on their right to carry guns in plain sight every day.

Mark Mardell reports from the state of Wisconsin.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

It didn't get shown tonight.

Banned

Post imported post

Very nice and well balanced reporting. The Brits know what they gave up and many envy our 2A rights.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
    It didn't get shown tonight.
    I think it ran at 10 Oclock in the states. The owner of our firm said he said it on BBC news.

I talked to the producer today who said it ran worldwide at 2200 G
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Post imported post

just watched it on bbc at 10:20pm. Nice job guys.

Post imported post

Why on earth choose someone who looks like that as your President? He ticks all the stereotype boxes and means that it makes your movement incredibly easy for us Brits to dismiss. Having a steroid pumped "little man syndrome" aggressive looking, repressed, body building, insecure, macho, poseur is not a good move.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

Obama is a body builder?

If you mean Nik, he's not our President, he's the chairman of Wisconsin Carry.

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    Why on earth choose someone who looks like that as your President? He ticks all the stereotype boxes and means that it makes your movement incredibly easy for us Brits to dismiss. Having a steroid pumped "little man syndrome" aggressive looking, repressed, body building, insecure, macho, poseur is not a good move.
    ...and ignorant statements like this makes it easy for us to dismiss you Brits.

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    Possibly there were no slight, pasty-facedintrospective Brits available to fill the position?

:celebrate

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Wow,

I'm completely surprised at how unbiased that was. Quitea few of our media outlets could take a lesson. Anyhow, I hope it gets us a few freedom loving Brits on the forum. We'll have to deal with a few that don't like it, no doubt, but maybe a few good ones will stay.

Good Job Nik and company!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

PaxMentis wrote:
    aureol40012 wrote:
    Possibly there were no slight, pasty-facedintrospective Brits available to fill the position?

:celebrate
    Erm, is that meant to be an insult or a compliment?

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    Wow! There are so many things wrong with this statement. The guyis a large,physically fit individual,and you accuse him of being an insecure, macho, poseur. Did you even listen to him talk? Nothing in his tone-of-voice or what he had to say in any way reflected any of the stereotypes you listed. He seems to be a well-spoken person, and a fine representative for Wisconsin Carry Inc.'s cause.

It seems to me that any person who resorts to baseless accusations and name calling, rather than a well-reasoned argument, is the one who is truly insecure.

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    He means a twit is a twit and nationality has nothing to do with it. I can see where a twit would be afraid of guns but to be afraid of muscles too? That takes twitdom to a new level of low. Are you afraid of loud voices and polysyllabic words too? What about shadows, germs, black cats, bad smells, angry looks. Just call me curious.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

Old Grump wrote:
    aureol40012 wrote:
    He means a twit is a twit and nationality has nothing to do with it. I can see where a twit would be afraid of guns but to be afraid of muscles too? That takes twitdom to a new level of low. Are you afraid of loud voices and polysyllabic words too? What about shadows, germs, black cats, bad smells, angry looks. Just call me curious.
    You have to understand that the UK is different from the US. We are understated, low key. Crass displays of "look at me" in what ever form are frowned upon. Women simply do not find a man with arms like tree trunks (and wearing a t shirt designed to show them off) attractive. In fact they tend to laugh.

Look at one of our greatest exports - Morrissey.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

To aureol40012 and all our British friends:

It appears that since the near banishment of guns in the United Kingdom the criminal elements have turned to a new weapon of choice, knives. According to the British law enforcement crime statistics there were 22000 crimes committed with knives during the year 2008 (the last year I have been able to find published statistics). That figure amounts to 400 knife crime a week. This is in a country with a population of 1/5 the United States.

The following URL is interesting.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/uk-an...ls-deaths-rise

The bottom line: Don't come visiting our house until your nose is clean.

Criminals are Criminals they will use any convienient weapon available to committ their deeds. It matters not if the weapon is a gun, knife, club or rock. Take away one and they will find another. You cannot legislate honesty.

Post imported post

Lammie wrote:
    To aureol40012 and all our British friends:

It appears that since the near banishment of guns in the United Kingdom the criminal elements have turned to a new weapon of choice, knives. According to the British law enforcement crime statistics there were 22000 crimes committed with knives during the year 2008 (the last year I have been able to find published statistics). That figure amounts to 400 knife crime a week. This is in a country with a population of 1/5 the United States.

The following URL is interesting.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/uk-an...ls-deaths-rise

The bottom line: Don't come visiting our house until your nose is clean.

Criminals are Criminals they will use any convienient weapon available to committ their deeds. It matters not if the weapon is a gun, knife, club or rock. Take away one and they will find another. You cannot legislate honesty.
    Yes, and? It is not our role to deal with that, it is the police's. Anyone who kills a burglar simply for breaking into their home is a criminal pure and simple (google Tony Martin).

And as for people carrying knives on the street, what is your answer, carry a gun???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I would be ashamed to live in a country where property is deemed to be more important than human life....................

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    You have to understand that the UK is different from the US.* We are understated, low key.
    LOL

This is great. The British are infamously smug in their self-assurance on this point.

Yet everywhere they go, they are derided all over Europe as among the most loutish of any civilized society.

I recently spent a couple weeks in the Czech Republic (where, by the way, all gun owners are allowed to carry their firearms concealed wherever they like, and gun owners there are many).

It was remarked to me numerous times how pleasantly polite and even (yes!) sophisticated we Americans as tourists tend to be, as compared to the British, whom are considered boorish, rude, obnoxious, and generally uncouth.

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    And as for people carrying knives on the street, what is your answer, carry a gun???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    A knife is, quite self-evidently, potentially deadly force.

Any person assaulted with potentially deadly force has the fundamental human right to respond in kind.

A firearm is also potentially deadly force.

Therefore, any person assaulted with a knife has a fundamental human right to defend their person with a firearm, which constitutes an equivalent degree of force.

(The firearm may be a more effective means of delivering that force, e.g. over a distance, but the degree is the same: potentially deadly).

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    Old Grump wrote:
    aureol40012 wrote:
    You have to understand that the UK is different from the US. We are understated, low key. Crass displays of "look at me" in what ever form are frowned upon. Women simply do not find a man with arms like tree trunks (and wearing a t shirt designed to show them off) attractive. In fact they tend to laugh.

What about all the pub brawlers? You have only skinny geeky pub brawlers?

Post imported post

Morrissey is one of my favorite singers, as is Robert Smith. :-)
    A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
    But have his weapons to hand:
    He knows not when he may need a spear,
    Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
    The Havamal

Post imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
    Old Grump wrote:
    aureol40012 wrote:

Umm, I lived there for almost eight years. I can say, with some authority, that you are quite wrong.

Post imported post

I don't have a clue who this Morissey is but as a boxing fan I know David Haye, World heavy weight boxing champion. I doubt if he runs around with the low key pasty faced crowd and the man definitely has muscles in places you can only dream about Mr aureol40012. I doubt he would talk bad about another mans wife from the few times I have see him being interviewed. Seems to be down right funny and quick witted in fact.

I have 3 British friends and 1 Irish acquaintance and only one of them is the low key understated type. (I'll give you a hint, it isn't the Irishman)

They are all the have a "hell of a good time until closing time types". Maybe its just me, I like loud boisterous people who stand up for themselves and it doesn't matter if we play rugby, football or wrestle, we play to win. Somehow I doubt if they would fit in your little world. I feel sorry for you in fact.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    aureol40012 wrote:
    You have to understand that the UK is different from the US. We are understated, low key.
    LOL

This is great. The British are infamously smug in their self-assurance on this point.

Yet everywhere they go, they are derided all over Europe as among the most loutish of any civilized society.

I recently spent a couple weeks in the Czech Republic (where, by the way, all gun owners are allowed to carry their firearms concealed wherever they like, and gun owners there are many).

It was remarked to me numerous times how pleasantly polite and even (yes!) sophisticated we Americans as tourists tend to be, as compared to the British, whom are considered boorish, rude, obnoxious, and generally uncouth.
    I, and most others, distance ourselves from the small (yet loud) group of people you refer to. Ironically these people are the type most likely to see themselves as the personification of Britishness (they usually vote BNP), yet they are the complete opposite. Luckily they usually hang around in British (and, again ironically, Irish) theme pubs when abroad, so they are easy to avoid.

I was in Cuba 5 years ago and noticed that the place was packed with Canadians. I got talking to one at a bar, and asked him why so many Canadian came to Cuba. He theatrically looked around and said "Well, do you see any Americans.....?"!!!

Post imported post

You have to understand that the UK is different from the US.* We are understated, low key.*

If I remember correctly, isn't the UK where they were considering banning glass beer mugs in favor of plastic ones to prevent all you understated low key folks from killing each other in the pubs???

Post imported post

Serpent wrote:
    You have to understand that the UK is different from the US. We are understated, low key.

If I remember correctly, isn't the UK where they were considering banning glass beer mugs in favor of plastic ones to prevent all you understated low key folks from killing each other in the pubs???
    Nope, its where the horrific American litigation culture has been exported to and as a result anything with any deemed element of risk is removed. Its more about people supposedly falling and injurying themselves. I am a regular pub goer, have been for 25 years, and the last fight I saw in a pub was 22 years ago........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast