• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BBC - Wisconsin Carry Inc. raises pressure for gun rights

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8563512.stm

see video!

SNIP

The US Supreme Court is considering lifting a long-standing ban on handguns in Chicago, a decision which could have implications across the country.

It comes as more people are joining a movement known as Open Carry, which insists on their right to carry guns in plain sight every day.

Mark Mardell reports from the state of Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
It didn't get shown tonight.

I think it ran at 10 Oclock in the states. The owner of our firm said he said it on BBC news.

I talked to the producer today who said it ran worldwide at 2200 G

Russf

imported post

just watched it on bbc at 10:20pm. Nice job guys.

aureol40012

imported post

Why on earth choose someone who looks like that as your President? He ticks all the stereotype boxes and means that it makes your movement incredibly easy for us Brits to dismiss. Having a steroid pumped "little man syndrome" aggressive looking, repressed, body building, insecure, macho, poseur is not a good move.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
Why on earth choose someone who looks like that as your President? He ticks all the stereotype boxes and means that it makes your movement incredibly easy for us Brits to dismiss. Having a steroid pumped "little man syndrome" aggressive looking, repressed, body building, insecure, macho, poseur is not a good move.
...and ignorant statements like this makes it easy for us to dismiss you Brits.

PaxMentis

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:

Possibly there were no slight, pasty-facedintrospective Brits available to fill the position?

:celebrate

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow,

I'm completely surprised at how unbiased that was. Quitea few of our media outlets could take a lesson. Anyhow, I hope it gets us a few freedom loving Brits on the forum. We'll have to deal with a few that don't like it, no doubt, but maybe a few good ones will stay.

Good Job Nik and company!

aureol40012

imported post

PaxMentis wrote:
aureol40012 wrote:

Possibly there were no slight, pasty-facedintrospective Brits available to fill the position?

:celebrate

Erm, is that meant to be an insult or a compliment?

VApatriot

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
Wow! There are so many things wrong with this statement. The guyis a large,physically fit individual,and you accuse him of being an insecure, macho, poseur. Did you even listen to him talk? Nothing in his tone-of-voice or what he had to say in any way reflected any of the stereotypes you listed. He seems to be a well-spoken person, and a fine representative for Wisconsin Carry Inc.'s cause.

It seems to me that any person who resorts to baseless accusations and name calling, rather than a well-reasoned argument, is the one who is truly insecure.

Old Grump

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:

He means a twit is a twit and nationality has nothing to do with it. I can see where a twit would be afraid of guns but to be afraid of muscles too? That takes twitdom to a new level of low. Are you afraid of loud voices and polysyllabic words too? What about shadows, germs, black cats, bad smells, angry looks. Just call me curious.

aureol40012

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
aureol40012 wrote:

He means a twit is a twit and nationality has nothing to do with it. I can see where a twit would be afraid of guns but to be afraid of muscles too? That takes twitdom to a new level of low. Are you afraid of loud voices and polysyllabic words too? What about shadows, germs, black cats, bad smells, angry looks. Just call me curious.
You have to understand that the UK is different from the US. We are understated, low key. Crass displays of "look at me" in what ever form are frowned upon. Women simply do not find a man with arms like tree trunks (and wearing a t shirt designed to show them off) attractive. In fact they tend to laugh.

Look at one of our greatest exports - Morrissey.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

To aureol40012 and all our British friends:

It appears that since the near banishment of guns in the United Kingdom the criminal elements have turned to a new weapon of choice, knives. According to the British law enforcement crime statistics there were 22000 crimes committed with knives during the year 2008 (the last year I have been able to find published statistics). That figure amounts to 400 knife crime a week. This is in a country with a population of 1/5 the United States.

The following URL is interesting.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/uk-anti-knife-crime-strategy-fails-deaths-rise

The bottom line: Don't come visiting our house until your nose is clean.

Criminals are Criminals they will use any convienient weapon available to committ their deeds. It matters not if the weapon is a gun, knife, club or rock. Take away one and they will find another. You cannot legislate honesty.

aureol40012

imported post

Lammie wrote:
To aureol40012 and all our British friends:

It appears that since the near banishment of guns in the United Kingdom the criminal elements have turned to a new weapon of choice, knives. According to the British law enforcement crime statistics there were 22000 crimes committed with knives during the year 2008 (the last year I have been able to find published statistics). That figure amounts to 400 knife crime a week. This is in a country with a population of 1/5 the United States.

The following URL is interesting.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/uk-anti-knife-crime-strategy-fails-deaths-rise

The bottom line: Don't come visiting our house until your nose is clean.

Criminals are Criminals they will use any convienient weapon available to committ their deeds. It matters not if the weapon is a gun, knife, club or rock. Take away one and they will find another. You cannot legislate honesty.

Yes, and? It is not our role to deal with that, it is the police's. Anyone who kills a burglar simply for breaking into their home is a criminal pure and simple (google Tony Martin).

And as for people carrying knives on the street, what is your answer, carry a gun???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be ashamed to live in a country where property is deemed to be more important than human life....................

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
You have to understand that the UK is different from the US.  We are understated, low key.
LOL

This is great. The British are infamously smug in their self-assurance on this point.

Yet everywhere they go, they are derided all over Europe as among the most loutish of any civilized society.

I recently spent a couple weeks in the Czech Republic (where, by the way, all gun owners are allowed to carry their firearms concealed wherever they like, and gun owners there are many).

It was remarked to me numerous times how pleasantly polite and even (yes!) sophisticated we Americans as tourists tend to be, as compared to the British, whom are considered boorish, rude, obnoxious, and generally uncouth.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
And as for people carrying knives on the street, what is your answer, carry a gun???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A knife is, quite self-evidently, potentially deadly force.

Any person assaulted with potentially deadly force has the fundamental human right to respond in kind.

A firearm is also potentially deadly force.

Therefore, any person assaulted with a knife has a fundamental human right to defend their person with a firearm, which constitutes an equivalent degree of force.

(The firearm may be a more effective means of delivering that force, e.g. over a distance, but the degree is the same: potentially deadly).

XD40coyote

imported post

aureol40012 wrote:
Old Grump wrote:
aureol40012 wrote:

You have to understand that the UK is different from the US. We are understated, low key. Crass displays of "look at me" in what ever form are frowned upon. Women simply do not find a man with arms like tree trunks (and wearing a t shirt designed to show them off) attractive. In fact they tend to laugh.

Look at one of our greatest exports - Morrissey.

What about all the pub brawlers? You have only skinny geeky pub brawlers?