• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MGO member setting up an OC event

SpringerXDacp

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Let's support this event once it gets set in stone. I think it's a great others are interested in promoting OC.
Scot, can you copy and paste a portion of the post(s) so others here who are not members of MGO can view this possible event--it's located in a private section of MGO only viewable to members.

Michigander

imported post

Bishop Park in Wyandotte OC Feeler Thread Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having and OC at Bishop Park in Wyandotte??

I have never been to an OC event so I do not know the first thing about setting anything like this up at all so.... I guess this would be a good starting point to see if anyone would even be interested....

As far as the date not sure but would just like to see how many would be interested considering the weather is starting to get nicer out.... Would probably plan for about April sometime!!!

Please post below if this is something that you would be interested in and people helping or someone to set this up and organize would be awesome

scot623

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Who posted it....

I would rather do it in Riverview or something.

The W is already informed and accepting of OC.

I understand your reasoning. But let's keep in mind this is a new person putting themselves out there for promoting OC'ing and they may not want to increase their chances of a negative outcome. We at MOC can take the lead on events in non-friendly cities. Let's just see how that event takes shape and support it.

G

imported post

I think the anti-OC ring leader has been put in his place. At least for the time being.

This has allowed OC to be discussed without the constant baiting.

So for the time being, the cancer is in remission. Hopefully it won't return.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

as far as a date how does either Saturday April 17 or Sunday April 18th sound?? Would the Saturday or sunday be better??

There is usually nothing going on at Bishop where as Elizabeth seems to have a lot of little stuff going on and the picnic areas fill up really fast. At Bishop I just think we'd have a better chance of having open picnic tables and grills. But I'd be up for either.
user_offline.gif

just some random info from the MGO thread....and right now there having a vote on where to go, Westland, next to the police station or Wyandotte at Bishop park