• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BRADY CAMPAIGN TO PROTEST MARTINEZ MEET! PLEASE COME OUT TO SUPPORT US!

brad9point0

imported post

We NEED all the open carriers we can possibly muster! PLEASE try to attend and bring everyone you possibly can! We need to show Brady that we will not be intimidated and also show Starbucks that we appriciate them and will bring them business as long as they extend the welcome to us.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRY TO COME! It will be worth the distance!!!!

Please PM me if you need info, directions or anything else.

See email from Brady Campaign:

To: Contra Costa Brady Campaign Chapter Members & Friends

As you are aware, the Brady Campaign has been petitioning Starbucks to establish a gun-free policy for their stores after members of the Open Carry Movement have been using them for their MeetUps. See petition at: www.bradycampaign.org .

After learning that another Open Carry Meetup will be held at a Starbucks in Martinez this Saturday March 13th, we've decided to picket the store.

Please join us if you can!

Who: All SF Bay Area Brady members and friends (wear Brady T-shirts, bring friends)
What: Picketing Starbucks in Martinez (where an Open Carry Meeting will be taking place)
When: Saturday, March 13th, 2010, 10 am - 1 pm
Where: Starbucks, 502 Center Ave., Martinez, CA 94553 http://www.starbucks.com/store/11577
Why: Protesting that Starbucks will not establish a gun-free policy

Please reply to contracostammm@yahoo.com and let us know if you can be there. THANK YOU!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I hope that this isnt taken the wrong way, but if memory serves me the most recent press release from Starbucks stated that they really arent interested in being the battlezone over the gun debate. I tend to agree and I would say it would be wise to respect their wishes.

If The Brady Campaign has elected to make a point of picketing the Martinez store, I would say thatour response should be to assemble at another undisclosed location- notto show up en masse to allow the Bradys use the event to garner news coverage for their anti gun message.Let them show up to protest the inexplicable absense of open carry at Starbucks. They wont even make it on the news.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

:idea:How about not showing up at the Martinez Starbucks, but dividing all available UOCers into small parties of say 4 to 5 and hang out at multiple Starbucks (being mindful of school zones, of course) geographically surrounding the Martinez Starbucks? Avoid the confrontation and maintain a tactically stronger position.:idea:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

JJ wrote:
I was thinking the same thing as stated by Con.3 and S.O.L.
We need not make a spectacle and have Starbucks reverse their position.
hey, now you Calis are a thinkin'

if you spread out, the Bradies will be confused and not able t protest nothin'

Buhahahahahahaha

dirtykoala

imported post

If the meet does happen, we need everyone to photobomb with the Brady bunch. I.e. Have someone in front of a couple of them with a camera, then we jump next to them with ninja stealth and steal pictures with them. We gotta do it when a car drives by and honks though so that they are smiling for the picture.

SouthBayr

imported post

My opinion, leave Starbucks out of it. Meet at a locally owned coffee shop instead.

If you force Starbucks hand, we won't like the results.

Make the Brady campaign look like a bunch of teenagers with their dicks (signs) in their hands. Protesting something that isn't even happening.

For what it's worth, I won't be showing up.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

How about join their protest and hold signs that say..

"Coffee turns law abiding gun owners into serial killers! No guns at Starbucks!"

"We have the right to be defenseless!"

"No Guns at Starbucks! I want my coffee with as many burglars and criminals as possible!"

"Don't we remind you of they Westboro Baptist Church? We are so annoying.."

"California Patrons deserve to be victims! No guns in Starbucks!"

"The Second Amendment says nothing about coffee!!!"

"Hey Criminals! We are the Brady Campaign! Come rob us because we are pussies with no protection!"

"Caffeine + Guns = Death to America!"

"I prefer my coffee with whip cream and robbers! Stay out of Starbucks you darn open carriers!"

Lol anybody think of any others?

dirtykoala

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
How about join their protest and hold signs that say..

"Coffee turns law abiding gun owners into serial killers! No guns at Starbucks!"

"We have the right to be defenseless!"

"No Guns at Starbucks! I want my coffee with as many burglars and criminals as possible!"

"Don't we remind you of they Westboro Baptist Church? We are so annoying.."

"California Patrons deserve to be victims! No guns in Starbucks!"

"The Second Amendment says nothing about coffee!!!"

"Hey Criminals! We are the Brady Campaign! Come rob us because we are pussies with no protection!"

"Caffeine + Guns = Death to America!"

Lol anybody think of any others?

i like it

ETA: i will probably do this with our without any one else.

ETA again: PM me the details!

"I DONT LIKE GUNS, SO YOU CANT EITHER!"

chewy352

imported post

+1 for no more events at Starbucks. So far they have respected everyones rights and we need to respect them in return by not bringing all this attention to them. I'll still UOC in starbucks on my own but I'm not going to any events at starbucks.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

lol yes +1 to no more open carry EVENTS but also +1 to holding up the above signs making their argument look like complete garbage. Could you imagine opening the newspaper and seeing one of those signs?? Bahahahahah :celebrate

Streetbikerr6

imported post

JJ wrote:
Dress like a thug and carry a sign that says "Felons against Open Carry"

HAHAHHA OMG!! BEST ONE YET!!!!

Could you freakin imagine if we paid like 20 thugs to hold signs like that??

Pure genius man.

edit:

add sings like

"No open Carry, we need time to commit our crime before the cops come!"

"Open Carry unfair to criminals!"

"No Open Carry! We need more time to commit crimes!"

brad9point0

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
JJ wrote:
Dress like a thug and carry a sign that says "Felons against Open Carry"

HAHAHHA OMG!! BEST ONE YET!!!!

Could you freakin imagine if we paid like 20 thugs to hold signs like that??

Pure genius man.

You make the signs ill hire em!

dirtykoala

imported post

brady.jpg

Streetbikerr6

imported post

lol yes. dress as a thug and have a sign that says

"We support the Brady Campaign! Keep law abiding citizens unarmed!"

hahahah