• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BRADY CAMPAIGN TO PROTEST MARTINEZ MEET! PLEASE COME OUT TO SUPPORT US!

cato

imported post

Avoid conflict, don't go near them, and let them behave like the shadow of their former gun ban glory. Now they're on the outside holding signs.

People who march etc... don't get what they want. It's sooo 60's. For example, 500,000 illegals marching in LA only woke up America. Now myPD routinely hands them over to ICE.

And UOCing and talking with the press at this point is only going to get Saldina the coverage she needs to garner support from other politicos and LEOs to solidify passage of an OC ban. The public, and their non opinion, is of no concern topoliticians, no matter how many thousands we rallied to the cause (if that was even realistic).

If NRA / CGF is going to have any chance of pushing off a legislative ban this year a real stand down is going to have to occur supported by UOC's latest organizers. Here is to hoping that the big picture (which does include LOC) can still be preserved for post incorporation follow up cases. Lose OCthis yearand it will be a decade or two plus to revive just the argumentIFand when licensing of a Right to Arms finally gets on the radar. (baby steps)

brad9point0

imported post

OK! Somewhat new plans!

We are still meeting at the same place at the same time. The change will be announced at the event.

Take that BRADY!

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Please, please, please, please change the location.

Starbucks has asked us very, very politely not to put them in the middle of this.

They have given us support, DO NOT throw it in their faces.

They are a private business, corporation or no corporation they have rights that must be respected as well as ours. They could just as easily tell us to go pound sand, but they are not.

I almost get tired of saying this but:

"Don't poke the bear."

I will seriously give you 10$ if you can please change the meetup to someplace more productive....picnic? Trash pick up?

Streetbikerr6

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
Please, please, please, please change the location.

Starbucks has asked us very, very politely not to put them in the middle of this.

They have given us support, DO NOT throw it in their faces.

They are a private business, corporation or no corporation they have rights that must be respected as well as ours. They could just as easily tell us to go pound sand, but they are not.

I almost get tired of saying this but:

"Don't poke the bear."

I will seriously give you 10$ if you can please change the meetup to someplace more productive....picnic? Trash pick up?

I agree. If they ask to respect their premises we should. They are a law abiding business with a stroke of bad luck(Brady Campaign). They don't deserve to become the circus attraction the Brady bunch wants them to become.

brad9point0

imported post

Nobody worry! We are making it all right! We will support Starbucks and not betray them. Any ESTABLISHED member of the board here can PM me for the details and by established I mean more then 50 post. Just to make sure we dont have BB people here.

brad9point0

imported post

Everyone that is planning on coming PLEASE send me a PM incase there are any last minute details. This way we can keep it hush. Plan on same place same time. But if anything changes I want to be able to keep people updated. Email or phone numbers will work as well if you would prefer.

TatankaGap

imported post

Mike wrote:
JJ wrote:
I was thinking the same thing as stated by Con.3 and S.O.L.
We need not make a spectacle and have Starbucks reverse their position.
hey, now you Calis are a thinkin'

if you spread out, the Bradies will be confused and not able t protest nothin'

Buhahahahahahaha
This is what I was thinking - it'd be better to not show or to show somewhere else - we should really consider rewarding Starbucks with more than just our business but with respecting its wishes to not become the center of a political spectacle -

If we show and have protest signs, and they have protest signs, then the cops will have to be there more in force and it will look like they are there because of the guns when in fact they are there because of the protesters -

IMHO, it'd be better to map out a few other Starbucks in the surrounding areas that are outside the school zones and offer some choices so that people can support and show up without feeding the Bradys -

coolusername2007

imported post

+1 to not doing another mass meetup at a Starbucks. I'm glad to read that isn't going to happen.

Personally I think you'd be better off showing up at the local Brady office and take one nice big group picture. Of course with everyone holding up a moreappropriate, subliminalsign.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

This seems all bad.

.don't interact with the bb, no matter how much they provoke.

.don't wear ostentatious clothing.

.don't carry signs.

I gotta say that having a sizeable group have an event at Starbucks, especially with the BB in "full force" is a slap in the face to them, that does nothing to advance our cause.

The BB are baiting us to give them media fodder.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Brad, this is what I wanted you to call me about last night and I am not so certain that things have changed for the better.

I said before this whole Starbucks fiasco happened that we needed to QUIT HITTING STARBUCKS LOCATIONS WITH OUR EVENTS as trouble would arise. Well, whaddya know, WE ENDED UP WITH A CONFLICT.

I can't make anyone listen to me though I have been doing this stuff for a pretty long time, but I am just going to say it again in my internet shouting voice for EVERY OC'ER on this board...

DO NOT COORDINATE, INSTIGATE OR HOLD ANY EVENTS IN, ABOUT, AT OR BY A STARBUCKS LOCATION FOR A LONG WHILE. DO NOT EVEN MENTION THE NAME OF STARBUCKS IN ANY INVITES!

While I hate the motives of the BB with a seething, raging hatred, it does absolutely NOTHING to promote the good name of the gun carrying population by being instigators and Starbucks having to be the parents. The corporation has been battered enough as it is and things need to COOL THE HELL DOWN for a while.

You all know my stance on the stand down but few have listened so I am reduced to providing advice on how to not piss off the business and political world much further.

Off to school. All parties that have questions about this, feel free to call, email or PM me. Preferably email, since I can respond better on my phone.

TatankaGap

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Brad, this is what I wanted you to call me about last night and I am not so certain that things have changed for the better.

I said before this whole Starbucks fiasco happened that we needed to QUIT HITTING STARBUCKS LOCATIONS WITH OUR EVENTS as trouble would arise. Well, whaddya know, WE ENDED UP WITH A CONFLICT.

I can't make anyone listen to me though I have been doing this stuff for a pretty long time, but I am just going to say it again in my internet shouting voice for EVERY OC'ER on this board...

DO NOT COORDINATE, INSTIGATE OR HOLD ANY EVENTS IN, ABOUT, AT OR BY A STARBUCKS LOCATION FOR A LONG WHILE. DO NOT EVEN MENTION THE NAME OF STARBUCKS IN ANY INVITES!

While I hate the motives of the BB with a seething, raging hatred, it does absolutely NOTHING to promote the good name of the gun carrying population by being instigators and Starbucks having to be the parents. The corporation has been battered enough as it is and things need to COOL THE HELL DOWN for a while.

You all know my stance on the stand down but few have listened so I am reduced to providing advice on how to not piss off the business and political world much further.

Off to school. All parties that have questions about this, feel free to call, email or PM me. Preferably email, since I can respond better on my phone.
I agree wholeheartedly - is there a walmart? we could go ammo shopping?

According to Wall Street Journal, the following large national chains Home Depot, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, also allow open carry:

"From sea to shining sea, the climate for guns is changing, and the progress extends beyond Starbucks. Major retailers such as Home Depot, Best Buy and Barnes & Noble apparently also are friendly to people who openly pack heat, according to the Wall Street Journal. " http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/40019.html

Nopal

imported post

cato wrote:
Avoid conflict, don't go near them, and let them behave like the shadow of their former gun ban glory. Now they're on the outside holding signs.

People who march etc... don't get what they want. It's sooo 60's. For example, 500,000 illegals marching in LA only woke up America. Now myPD routinely hands them over to ICE.

And UOCing and talking with the press at this point is only going to get Saldina the coverage she needs to garner support from other politicos and LEOs to solidify passage of an OC ban. The public, and their non opinion, is of no concern topoliticians, no matter how many thousands we rallied to the cause (if that was even realistic).

If NRA / CGF is going to have any chance of pushing off a legislative ban this year a real stand down is going to have to occur supported by UOC's latest organizers. Here is to hoping that the big picture (which does include LOC) can still be preserved for post incorporation follow up cases. Loose OCthis yearand it will be a decade or two plus to revive just the argumentIFand when licensing of a Right to Arms finally gets on the radar. (baby steps)

Not to go entirely off topic, but actually, the whole immigration march was very effective, and no, it wasn't 500,000 illegals. I had friends thatI disagree with politically march there and theyare US citizens. Many were.

The marchwas so effective at outraging a very vocalsegmenton the right thatthis segmentsolidifiedits resolve to block its own party because the solutions weren't seen assevere enough. Indirectly, themarch helpedblock any real possibility of reform.It wasreverse psychology on a political scale. Think about it: Who does the status quo on immigration benefit the most?

Now, along the same vein, I agree we shouldn't counter-protest the Brady's. Giving in to the outrage they produce in many of us will work on their favor. Do nottake the reverse political bait.

Thundar

imported post

+1 Pullnshoot. Starbucks did the right thing. Leave them alone.

Find a California Pizza Kitchen or Pete's Coffee and protest in front of their store. Carry signs that say things like "Pete's Coffee opposes you exercizing yourcivil rights." Hopefully that would screw up their anti gun business, make you feel good and keep Starbucks in the background where they would like to be.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

+1 to all who agree to NOT put Starbucks in the middle. Support them with your business, and by respecting there wish to be left out of the limelight.

Events should be held else where, and perhaps catered by Starbucks :D;)

Guy B. Meredith

imported post

This thread brings up some interesting thoughts. How about a ubiquitous demonstration where smaller groups of UOCers are out and about with no particular focal area? Maybe at various shops like the Palo Alto meet?

pullnshoot25

imported post

If you are going to run an event, it should be just like how Guy described it. PUBLIC gathering places for organization, PRIVATE businesses for patronization. If you want to hold an EXCLUSIVE event like at a restaurant, YOU ASK PERMISSION FROM THE OWNERS FIRST AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ALL THE DETAILS! Tipping extra helps. That is why the SD guys are welcome back at El Indio whenever we want. It is IMPERATIVE to NOT piss off businesses and force their hands in these issues.

To all those that continue to hold events in spite of Gene's earnest requests for a stand down... DO NOT FARK THIS UP ANY MORE THAN IT IS! Do NOT drag businesses into the middle.

TatankaGap

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
If you are going to run an event, it should be just like how Guy described it. PUBLIC gathering places for organization, PRIVATE businesses for patronization. If you want to hold an EXCLUSIVE event like at a restaurant, YOU ASK PERMISSION FROM THE OWNERS FIRST AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ALL THE DETAILS! Tipping extra helps. That is why the SD guys are welcome back at El Indio whenever we want. It is IMPERATIVE to NOT piss off businesses and force their hands in these issues.
Except if a business has already gone on the record publicly as allowing open carry in its stores, no need to ask permission. :dude: