Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: summer

Post imported post

Summer is almost here I can not wait for more picnics and fun.I say end of april richfield park they do have pavilions first come basis

Post imported post

That would probably work out as the only event so far scheduled for the end of April is the Vanderccok Park Picnic on the 25th, but it's in Jackson.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    That would probably work out as the only event so far scheduled for the end of April is the Vanderccok Park Picnic on the 25th, but it's in Jackson.
    :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

I saw that on the events section, but the link to the thread didn't work... I was hoping to attend my first event.

And as for summer... will be getting some new fishing line here and oiling up the reel here pretty soon. Can't wait to head out in the boat!

Post imported post

I am VERY excited for it to be warm again! Open carry picnics, motorcycle riding, hot chicks on the beach....
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

O.k end of april it is I hope someone could find a map to. The park not very good at that stuff.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I'm hoping that it's not snowing at the end of April, and that all the snow is gone by then. 10.8" average snowfall in April, and 1 in 3 years sees snow in May, and we've actually had accumulating snow (2") as late as June 2nd.

God...please let it be a nice, long, dry, hot summer!!!!
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

FYI, Richfield park is part of the Genesee County Parks and they has this in their rules:

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pdf/park_rules.pdf

"Section XXV – Firearms
    For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm” shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
    No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

So the
    rules state no firearms EXCEPT CPL are allowed unless you get written permission.
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?

Post imported post

MichRRConductor wrote:
    FYI, Richfield park is part of the Genesee County Parks and they has this in their rules:

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pdf/park_rules.pdf

"Section XXV – Firearms
    For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm” shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
    No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

So the
    rules state no firearms EXCEPT CPL are allowed unless you get written permission.
    Covered by preemption. We need to address it to have it removed, but it would not prevent a gathering.

Post imported post

To have it removed, someone needs to attend a Commission meeting. They are held at:

Genesee County Administration Building
    Harris Auditorium
    1101 Beach Street, Flint, MI 48502

The meetings start at 10am and below is a link for all their meeting for 2010

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pd...20Schedule.pdf

The next one is Thursday, March 25, 2010 & public is given 3 minutes per person to talk at every meeting.

Edit: Spelling and time/date
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?

Post imported post

I have taked to the sargent of the parks,he is aware about open carry and has informed his police staff and said there will be no issues.I told him about there rules and said it would cost a lot of money to remake new ones.there is a thread about this concerning stepping stone falls

Post imported post

O.K I am thinking the twenty fourth of april it is a saturday. Any other ideas or other dates? There are about 5 pavillions there & no reservations. I'l try to get an OC sign so we can find each other.

Post imported post

Mr. Ruger!!!! Long time no see. How was the fur business this winter? Hey, I still owe you some chili...

Post imported post

Please don't quote me butI think on weekends the pavilions are reserve only, or it may be weekdays I will call and find out for sure.

Post imported post

I am good got one deer this year.are you gonna come the picnic we could do chili for it. I have wondered how you have been!!

Post imported post

steve wrote:
    Please don't quote me but*I think on weekends the pavilions are reserve only, or it may be weekdays I will call and find out for sure.
    Ok, please let us know.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    I am VERY excited for it to be warm again! Open carry picnics, motorcycle riding, hot chicks on the beach....
    Woo!...almost makes me miss the snow....almost
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

Well of course they are closed today, but reading http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pavilion_rental.htmit seems you may not have to reserve but people can reserve pavilions.

I will call again on Monday before work to confirm..

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

Just got off the phone with county parks, the pavilions are first come first serve IF they are not yet reserved. You need to call the day before the actual date and ask if a pavilion in open..

Forget about reserving one, unless you want to spend up words of 75 to 100+ dollars..

Post imported post

steve wrote:
    Just got off the phone with county parks, the pavilions are first come first serve IF they are not yet reserved. You need to call the day before the actual date and ask if a pavilion in open..

Forget about reserving one, unless you want to spend up words of 75 to 100+ dollars..
    The amount you indicate is typical for pavilion reservations. If I remember correctly, most, if not all, will be refunded if the pavilion/area is cleaned up afterwards.

Post imported post

They failed to metion that, might be worth a call back to them.

Post imported post

O.k may first I am thinking. Any one else enterested?

Banned

Post imported post

ruger45 wrote:
    O.K I am thinking the twenty fourth of april it is a saturday. Any other ideas or other dates? There are about 5 pavillions there & no reservations. I'l try to get an OC sign so we can find each other.
    Id try a diff weekend honestly
    on the 25th you have jackson and westland picnics, some people may not be able to afford gas to go from one to the other let alone bring picnic supplies
    Id look into early may

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast