• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

summer

ruger45

imported post

Summer is almost here I can not wait for more picnics and fun.I say end of april richfield park they do have pavilions first come basis

SpringerXDacp

imported post

That would probably work out as the only event so far scheduled for the end of April is the Vanderccok Park Picnic on the 25th, but it's in Jackson.

craigm

imported post

I saw that on the events section, but the link to the thread didn't work... I was hoping to attend my first event.

And as for summer... will be getting some new fishing line here and oiling up the reel here pretty soon. Can't wait to head out in the boat!

Yooper

imported post

I'm hoping that it's not snowing at the end of April, and that all the snow is gone by then. 10.8" average snowfall in April, and 1 in 3 years sees snow in May, and we've actually had accumulating snow (2") as late as June 2nd.

God...please let it be a nice, long, dry, hot summer!!!!

TheGrabber

imported post

FYI, Richfield park is part of the Genesee County Parks and they has this in their rules:

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pdf/park_rules.pdf

"Section XXV – Firearms
For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm” shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

So the
rules state no firearms EXCEPT CPL are allowed unless you get written permission.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

MichRRConductor wrote:
FYI, Richfield park is part of the Genesee County Parks and they has this in their rules:

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pdf/park_rules.pdf

"Section XXV – Firearms
For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm” shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

So the
rules state no firearms EXCEPT CPL are allowed unless you get written permission.

Covered by preemption. We need to address it to have it removed, but it would not prevent a gathering.

TheGrabber

imported post

To have it removed, someone needs to attend a Commission meeting. They are held at:

Genesee County Administration Building
Harris Auditorium
1101 Beach Street, Flint, MI 48502

The meetings start at 10am and below is a link for all their meeting for 2010

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pdf/2010%20Approved%20Meeting%20Schedule.pdf

The next one is Thursday, March 25, 2010 & public is given 3 minutes per person to talk at every meeting.

Edit: Spelling and time/date

ruger45

imported post

I have taked to the sargent of the parks,he is aware about open carry and has informed his police staff and said there will be no issues.I told him about there rules and said it would cost a lot of money to remake new ones.there is a thread about this concerning stepping stone falls

ruger45

imported post

O.K I am thinking the twenty fourth of april it is a saturday. Any other ideas or other dates? There are about 5 pavillions there & no reservations. I'l try to get an OC sign so we can find each other.