• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

summer

steve

imported post

Just got off the phone with county parks, the pavilions are first come first serve IF they are not yet reserved. You need to call the day before the actual date and ask if a pavilion in open..

Forget about reserving one, unless you want to spend up words of 75 to 100+ dollars..

SpringerXDacp

imported post

steve wrote:
Just got off the phone with county parks, the pavilions are first come first serve IF they are not yet reserved. You need to call the day before the actual date and ask if a pavilion in open..

Forget about reserving one, unless you want to spend up words of 75 to 100+ dollars..
The amount you indicate is typical for pavilion reservations. If I remember correctly, most, if not all, will be refunded if the pavilion/area is cleaned up afterwards.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

ruger45 wrote:
O.K I am thinking the twenty fourth of april it is a saturday. Any other ideas or other dates? There are about 5 pavillions there & no reservations. I'l try to get an OC sign so we can find each other.
Id try a diff weekend honestly
on the 25th you have jackson and westland picnics, some people may not be able to afford gas to go from one to the other let alone bring picnic supplies
Id look into early may

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
O.k we will shoot for may 1 2010 what time noon or one

I posted the picnic in the MOC Calendar of Eventsfor May 1st, from 1pm to 5pm. Let me know if you want the date and/or times changed.

Anyone who plans to attend, please include in your post to confirm your attendance, the items you will contribute.

steve

imported post

Come on people, gonne be kinda slow with just the 3 of us...

I'm coming from Mt.Morris and will be happy to pick anyone up on the way there. I will be taking dort hwy north from stanley to mt.morris rd east to irish south to the park.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
Springer i you can ride with me if you would like and if you are going

Thanks, I'm planning to attend but I wont know for sure until later this month.

BTW, I have some wood here at the house you can have if you want it. I had a dead limb break off a month or so ago on a windy night. It's oak but I don't know how well it will burn.

LaVere

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
MichRRConductor wrote:
FYI, Richfield park is part of the Genesee County Parks and they has this in their rules:

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/pdf/park_rules.pdf

"Section XXV – Firearms
For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm” shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

So the
rules state no firearms EXCEPT CPL are allowed unless you get written permission.

Covered by preemption. We need to address it to have it removed, but it would not prevent a gathering.

This has been covered by me. This is their rewrite (No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) This means we are ok to carry. Because we are covered under MCL 28.421.

I know it is a strange way to say it but that was the Counties Genesee and Lapeers legals said it.

You certainly prosue it more for clarification.

steve

imported post

You name what we are having and I will bring sides and/or drinks....

I can even bring my gun this time, got me a new belt today just for the occasion.