Thread: M&P Pistol Upgrades

SE, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I have found a GREAT Upgrade for my M&P 9 Pistol and thought I would share with my fellow OCDO members. Apex Tactical Specialties makes a Hard Sear replacement for the M&P Factory Sear. My M&P 9 now has a 4.25 lbs trigger pull that breaks like glass!

Here is my experience:

I LOVE IT, what a great upgrade for my M&P 9 (500 rounds). I ordered and received it within 4 days. It took me 10 minutes and was the first time I have upgraded a pistol. After the upgrade, I put 14 of 17 rounds in the black of an NRA 50 ft Slow Fire Pistol Target at 25 feet (3 fliers were the shooter's fault). For less than $40, I feel like I have a totally different and much upgraded pistol. The guys at my local gun shop/range were completely impressed (I almost had to wrestle it back from one of them).

Here are the links to this information:

Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I have the same model (full size). What is the sear and why did replacing it make such a difference...isn't your trigger pull now less than when manufactured?
    "Reason can never be popular. Passions and feelings can become popular, but reason will always remain the sole property of a few eminent individuals."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

There's something else you can do that costs nothing, requires no disassembly, and will make a marked difference in your trigger feel and pull.

Last December, I bought a new M&P40 and the out-of-the-box trigger was less than smooth or nice. So being a Glock carrier and also quite familiar with Glock parts, how they work and interact and the take down of a Glock, I closely examined the M&P and how it worked. The design is Single Action Only (a hybrid of a sort) which means that all the trigger does is release the striker to fire the weapon. It does this by moving the sear away from the striker "tab".

So what I did was this. I would dry fire the gun to release the striker, then just work the trigger hundreds of times at a sitting. I estimate I have done this over 6000 times. The result is a smooth and lighter trigger and is nearly perfect for my wants and needs in a carry firearm.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.