• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on a boat?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
Been looking up my states, thought i'd post the question to you all.

Refering to inland waters, not off shore.
Regarding what state? Michigan?

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
I'm interested in my states laws, but I'm curious as to other states.

MI doesn't seem to have anything against, but I'm not 100%
In Va. you can OC w/o permit anywhere you can legally be, presuming not otherwise disqualified.

There is no Va. cite as laws are generally written as to what you cannot do - therefore the absence of a law forbidding OC is what makes it legal.

We have a bill pending that would allow storage in a compartment (glove box) of car or boat w/o permit.

Yata hey

Don Barnett

imported post

If one leaves a boat dock on the Virginia side of the Potomac River, they are immediately in the Peoples Republic of Maryland...and you CAN'T carry there!!

Look at a map; that is the way the boundary lines are drawn.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

rugerdon wrote:
If one leaves a boat dock on the Virginia side of the Potomac River, they are immediately in the Peoples Republic of Maryland...and you CAN'T carry there!!

Look at a map; that is the way the boundary lines are drawn.
Indeed, if you are on the dock you're in Maryland. :(

Yata hey

protias

imported post

I don't believe WI addresses boat carry, but it does define vehicle carry (which is prohibited).

AbNo

imported post

Wow, almost a whole page of posts about being on a boat an no one has posted a picture, link, or reference to that dumb SNL skit?

Sometimes I forget what it's like being on a grown-up part of the internet. :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Wow, almost a whole page of posts about being on a boat an no one has posted a picture, link, or reference to that dumb SNL skit?

Sometimes I forget what it's like being on a grown-up part of the internet. :p
Be patient. :?

Yata hey

Hillmann

imported post

In Wisconsin you can have a unloaded gun in a boat weather cased or not. And a bow must be in a case or un-strung unless you are participating in bow-fishing.

Those are regulations when the boat is under motor or sail power not oars. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

groats

imported post

All Army COE waters are off limits, I believe. And the COE manages LOTS of water.

groats

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
groats wrote:
All Army COE waters are off limits, I believe. And the COE manages LOTS of water.
What water do you think that the COE directly manages?

Damn near every lake in GA, for one.

eye95

imported post

Every time I see this thread title, I can't help but think of Dr. Seuss and Green Eggs and Ham: (...And I would eat them in a boat...). Anyway, here is an adaptation of Green Eggs and Ham just for OCDO.

I like my right in Second Am.
I do. I like it Sam-Ad-Am.
And I would OC in a boat.
And I would OC with a goat.
And I will OC in the rain,
And in the dark, and on a train,
And in the car, and in a tree.
It is so good, my right, you see.
So, I will OC in a box.
And I will OC with a fox.
And I will OC in my house.
And I will OC with a mouse.
And I will OC here or there.
Say, I will OC anywhere.
I do so like the Second Am.
Thank you, thank you, Sam-Ad-Am.

Yeah, I know. Samuel Adams did not author the Second Amendment. But, he was a Founding Father, and he did advocate for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
imported post

groats wrote:
Actually, federally managed waterways and the District of Columbia are what was directly affected by DC v. Heller without 14th amendment incorporation. But who wants to be a test case?