Thread: are the new ar pistols ok for ccw?

Post imported post

i know some company's are now making ar type "pistols". i wonder if you could

put one of them on your ccw? i believe they are selling them as pistols becouse of the short barrel and no stock.

ron

Post imported post

I don't see why not. Come summertime I think it's going to be a little hard to conceal. Unless it's in the bag and you're just making sure you don't get hemmed up on some bogus charge.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Activist Member

Post imported post

Nevada allows you to add a semi-automatic firearm to the permit, regardless of whether it is a pistol or a long gun. The law does not distinguish between handguns and long guns. You could add an AR-15 to the permit even if it was legally a rifle.

Post imported post

I would be weary though. If you ever did have to defend yourself, the fact that you had a "Pocket Assualt Pistol" could mean a huge difference in court.

It is not uncommon for juries opinions to sway solely on the weapon type used.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    Nevada allows you to add a semi-automatic firearm to the permit, regardless of whether it is a pistol or a long gun. The law does not distinguish between handguns and long guns. You could add an AR-15 to the permit even if it was legally a rifle.
    The problem is the permit goes by Make, Model, Caliber. You could qualify with a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 97 butthat doesn't mean you can carry a Gonzo Weapons Systems PDW Mk.I, maybe not even a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 21S.

Post imported post

Look at the guy at Bargin Pawn...he carries a full auto mac 10....cc....of course they changed the ruling since he got his ccw...

and as long as you carried the same one you qualified with ...i dont see why not....

Post imported post

I tryed to put my Olympic arms 98 (sport utility) pistol on my CCW, and the Fella down at Discount firearms, was not having it. I was told by one of the instucters at Sooters to bring it down, no problem.

My intent with the Idea,was to prevent a situation, whereI ould be found "guilty of something" while transporting. as it is not a practical carry piece.

Post imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
    I tryed to put my Olympic arms 98 (sport utility) pistol on my CCW, and the Fella down at Discount firearms, was not having it. I was told by one of the instucters at Sooters to bring it down, no problem.

My intent with the Idea,was to prevent a situation, where┬*I ould be found "guilty of something" while transporting. as it is not a practical carry piece.

┬*

┬*
    That's funny. When I went down to Discount to add my XDm 40 to my CCW, he told me I needed to be about 6" taller and about 100#'s heavier.
    With my Kholster I hardly print.
    <----6'00" and 190#'s
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

i was just wondering about them. its not as if i would wount to carry one under my coat. but as it was posted in the "high school lock down thread". if it is say ina brief case that you was carrying then it would be considerd conceled. also i was wondering about them cense they are called pistols.

ron day