• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act

Wyocowboy

imported post

Today Wyoming can stand proud. We have the Wyoming Firearms Freedom Act signed into law! The first step back to liberty and state soverengity! This law differs from others,in that it has teeth.

Wyocowboy

imported post

If you go to the NRA website and check the state legislature site it will take you to the place you need to go. I read the letter the Governor wrote to the heads of the legislature, and the bill itselfyesterday, but today am having trouble getting to it. Anthony Bouchard of WyGo has done a tremendous job of keeping gunowners alerted to what's going on. He can help you in locating the bill much better than I.

Mjolnir

imported post

Can not find the new law on the NRA site.

what letter did the Governor write to the legislature and why? where can you find this letter to read.

what does this new law do, what kind of teeth does it have and how can it be enforced against the batf agents and why wont the batf just pull all the ffl licences in the state of wyoming so you will have no gun dealers at all.

Wyocowboy

imported post

Well, I guess I should have stated that the NRA does not like this type of legislation. Ask them why not me. I think it's great. Anyway, if you go to the NRA website and go to the legislature/politics at the top of the page. Then a state map will appear-click on Wyo. when that comes up click on links on the right (state Legislature) then bills 2010, go to HB-95 and you can read the summary or digest. A few days ago you could read the bill as it was written. You could also go to another link and read the Gov's letter to the legis. on why he doesn't like this law. He did, however, sign it into law. A better thing to do would probably be to write/call/email your rep and ask for a copy of the law or a place to access it. I read it and do not remember all the particulars, but it does have a provision for fining ANY fed who comes after anyone who builds a firearm in Wyoming. $2000.00 fine and jail time. That's he teeth in this law as compared to Utah, Tenn., or Mont. I believe it also says ANY state resident can build a firearm. No ffl needed.

Wyocowboy

imported post

Thanks AB! Great job on keeping the Cowboy State informed and alerted during this entire legislative session. I agree, no Feds in the driver's seat or better yet, NO FEDS in the state of Wyoming. Molon Labe.